wish bone???????

jasonlager1

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi,

I've not long had MOT on my E220 td and have been told by the tech that I need a new wish bone. I have a similar issue with a comment on here about a knocking when going over bumps etc but also have a slight shaking on the steering when doing between 78/82 mph then goes off, this is my 1st merc and i'm unsure what the issue is could it be the wish bone or have I been told this to be stitched out ov a few quid please advise.
many thanx

Jase.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
Ask him what is wrong with it.

Are the bushes shot?

You can buy replacement bushes.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
The wheel wobble is probably a balance issue as you can drive through the wobble.

Cosworth

Reaction score
Hi,

I've not long had MOT on my E220 td and have been told by the tech that I need a new wish bone. I have a similar issue with a comment on here about a knocking when going over bumps etc but also have a slight shaking on the steering when doing between 78/82 mph then goes off, this is my 1st merc and i'm unsure what the issue is could it be the wish bone or have I been told this to be stitched out ov a few quid please advise.
many thanx

Jase.

Which side is faulty. I have a spare O/S/F

philharve

Reaction score
Website
go.to
Your Mercedes
W202 C230K Auto 2000
Lower wishbone bushes?

Hi Jason

Check the lower wishbone bushes, they may have begun the break up. The bushes are a push fit so you can reuse the wishbone itself. It's a labour intensive task and the only real problem is that the old bushes may have rusted in place.

REGARDS

Phil

Top Bottom