Would you buy a Mercedes from Tesco??

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Can't see why not - how about this for example?

Tesco have a very high profile in a very competitive retail sector. They are unlikely to risk any slur on their reputation from the car sales venture that could have obvious feedback to their supermarket activity. Be interesting to see how successful they are.

......and I suspect the car in the example above would carry a considerably larger price sticker on a M-B main dealer forecourt!

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
As you may (or may not) know Tesco are now selling cars!! I ask you though would you buy a Mercedes from Tesco? Mind you I guess it may be down to that old clincher, price......

www.partsformercedes-benz.com
Genuine, Aftermarket and performace parts for Mercedes

How many Club Card points could I have with that? :D:D:D

OP
P

partsformercedes-benz.com

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
CLK Black (I wish!)
Now, theres a point, if you use your Tesco club card, get the insurance from Tesco, use your Tesco Credit card to purchase the car, and fill up with Tesco fuel, surley you would qualify for at least a free packet of hobnobs!!!!

Genuine, aftermarket and performance parts for Mercedes.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Are you not still collecting Green Shield Stamps???***!!!

Mic

The good Doctor is into S&H Pink stamps as they have a higher value in the current climate;)

antijam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 SLK320
Are you not still collecting Green Shield Stamps???***!!!
Mic

The good Doctor is into S&H Pink stamps as they have a higher value in the current climate;)

.....and here's a couple of blokes making no secret of their age! I suspect most of the forum will have no idea what you're talking about! (although given the age demographic of typical M-B owners.......?) :rolleyes:

T

The mallard

If their money back guarantees and full refunds if not 100% satisified still apply, then definately as that is more than MB offer!!!!!

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
It would appear that Tesco are acting as a marketing portal for leasing companies. You notice the car advertised in post #2 is not available yet. Pre-order now for an earliest handover of 12 Jul 2011 That way I guess TESCO never actually stock any cars[/COLOR] http://www.vrl-financial-news.com/a...l-april-2011/tesco-to-sell-ex-lease-cars.aspx
Still might cut out a few middlemen?? I reckon the system will be fine unless the car turns out to be a dud--- that's when Tesco's reputation will be put to the test- they may just wash their hands and refer the customer to the leasing company?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am looking at it another way, how many club card points must I save to get one free

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
It would appear that Tesco are acting as a marketing portal for leasing companies.

It's actually pretty well nothing to do with Tesco - they have no legal involvement in the process at all.

"20.1 If you buy a car on Tescocars.com you will have a contract with the Seller (and not Tesco Cars) for the purchase of the car. In some instances, the Seller will be Carsite (trading as Tesco Cars). If this is the case, we will notify you, in the normal way, that Carsite is the Seller in accordance with paragraph 8.2. There is no difference to your contract with the Seller if it is Carsite or one of the other Sellers."

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
It's actually pretty well nothing to do with Tesco - they have no legal involvement in the process at all.

"20.1 If you buy a car on Tescocars.com you will have a contract with the Seller (and not Tesco Cars) for the purchase of the car. In some instances, the Seller will be Carsite (trading as Tesco Cars). If this is the case, we will notify you, in the normal way, that Carsite is the Seller in accordance with paragraph 8.2. There is no difference to your contract with the Seller if it is Carsite or one of the other Sellers (for a list of all Sellers click here)."

Sounds like no loyalty card points here then Rory. There is always a snag! :(

cleverdicky

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
MB
Typical arms length management. Pity though, with all the billions tesco have made they could probably buy out MB and a few other car makers.
Makes you wonder where it all does go. Not the share holders surely. ummm?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Sounds like no loyalty card points here then Rory. There is always a snag! :(

You do get some points.

"You will be rewarded with 2000 Clubcard points for each car purchase.

We will give you a coupon to scan and collect your Clubcard points in your nearest Tesco store. Points will be added to your next Clubcard statement."

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
.....and here's a couple of blokes making no secret of their age! I suspect most of the forum will have no idea what you're talking about! (although given the age demographic of typical M-B owners.......?) :rolleyes:

I've even got fuel rationing coupons and an old red drivers licence booklet :shock: never mind the green shield stamps.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Oh dear, not only do I understand all the stuff about stamps etc, somewhere I still have my Identity Card and, I think, a ration book - as rationing did not end until the early 1950's.

Now, where's me zimmer frame?? (with Brabus AMG kit of course!)

grober

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C200cdi estate
Typical arms length management. Pity though, with all the billions tesco have made they could probably buy out MB and a few other car makers.
Makes you wonder where it all does go. Not the share holders surely. ummm?

It goes to the "world domination" fund using tactics like buying up any development land round a town to prevent any rivals ASDA, Morrisons, Safeway , Sainsbury from setting up rival stores. All in the name of open competition of course.:rolleyes: Ask the folks in Inverness or TESCO TOWN as its now known. http://www.tescotown.co.uk/index.php

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom