Year 2000 CL500 problem today

Stuart27

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl500 2000
My CL500 hasn't been driven much over the past couple of weeks.

Drove to the airport this morning and everything was fine. However on the way home, after a bit of motorway driving and in slow traffic I noticed a slight judder as I pulled away on lowish revs. It seemed to be associated with the Engine or transmission as there was no associated steering wheel judder. I thought it might just be a bad road surface but as I got nearer home I noticed she wouldn't kick down and she seemed to lose power. For the last 1/2 mile I really took it easy as I realised all was not well.

By the time I reached home the engine sound was gruff to say the least. I had no warning alarms or indicators, temerature was fine, oil level ok etc. Belts look ok

Any ideas what this might be?

I'm scared to drive her currently as I don't want to do any damage.

Suggestions much appreciated:(

sbb

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Could just be as simple as a pair of leads gone down Stuart, need to have it on star really to see whats going on........

Got Dave to price up those other bits for you this week, send you e,mail before the week is out!

OP
S

Stuart27

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Cl500 2000
Thanks Colin

Looks like it may need to come in to you early!

I'll see how it drives tomorrow.

I also have a sticking rear offside window that needs some attention!

sbb

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
No prob Stuart, let us no what she is like in the morning.............

Axo

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2000/5 litre V8
Hi guys,

Just joined this site so not sure if this reply will jump this thread up to people's attention, but I'm replying as I've just experienced a similar problem with my 2000 CL500.

I bought it in January, and it's been awesome so far. However, the other day (after a kick down) I noticed that the car started to judder under acceleration. Fine when slowing, but the more acceleration, the worse the judder. No warning lights, just judder. I panicked a bit, so pulled over and stopped the engine. When started again, all was fine. I carried on (carefully) with no problems.

Since then, the same thing has happened twice (both after a brief bout of hard acceleration - but not IMMEDIATELY after), and after stopping and starting again - fine!

Did you get to the bottom of your problem Stuart? I replied here as it sounds quite similar to mine. I'm lucky enough to be located quite close to Alex Crowe, so if I don't get any idea here, I'll give him a call!

Cheers,

Christian

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
My CL140 with the 119 did the same today,, must be a CL bug going round

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom