Yorkshire Potholes

rhud

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 BlueEfficiency Avantgarde SE 2010
An extraordinary phenomenon is occurring in parts of Yorkshire. Over the past few weeks hundreds of potholes have been attended to in the Leeds/Harrogate area. What's more, the work seems to have been universally done to a high standard - finished off with v smooth tarmac, no sharp edges on the repairs etc.

Is it just coincidence that this furious and high quality work has taken place on the route of the Tour de France Grand Depart,due in a few days time?

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
You old cynic, you ;)

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Take a look at Ainley top roundabout while your out

Oarsman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S350L CDI Bluetec, Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 TDI, 1963 Triumph TR4
It will be interesting to see if the streets of East and Central London are also repaired.
More to the point, what D**kh**d thought it was a good idea to run the Tour through central London on a Monday.
Think I'll take the day off.:D

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
I've just been through Harrogate this morning - like driving on a billiard table!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
An extraordinary phenomenon....

Is it just coincidence that this furious and high quality work has taken place on the route of the Tour de France Grand Depart,due in a few days time?

:rolleyes: I wish they would route it through my area!

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
I've just been through Harrogate this morning - like driving on a billiard table!

Within 6 weeks it'll be dug up in at least 17 places by three utility companies, at least twice in the same spot, no more than a week apart.

After winter it'll be back to normal.

J

JML270

If you notice, the new tarmac/repairs starts in Leeds, north on the A61, stops at Harewood traffic lights, restarts on A659 at Weardley to Otley then into the Dales/Harrogate.

Why does it stop at Harewood lights and not continue on the A61 thru' the village, because at the lights, the Grand du Part turns into Harewood House grounds, where major road repairs are also being done, right past His Lordship's front door then back onto the A659.

Call me cynical, but I live in the village on the other side of the traffic lights where the tarmac is full of ruts/grooves & damage all the way between the lights and Harewood bridge - despite numerous complaints to Leeds Council.

Top Bottom