1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young low mileage cars and warranty concerns

Discussion in 'Motoring Related Discussion' started by Conor, May 14, 2019.

1. Frontstep

Frontstep Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    T210 320cdi

He lived no-where near the sea it lay in a garage at his mothers house and she used to take it to her sisters once a week for a run the bit I haven't understandably got round to mentioning was the make of car, a Triumph Acclaim it would have sounded so much better if it was some classic gem, it was even beige ............

Blobcat likes this.
  2. DSK

DSK Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS 320 CDI
    I did also say if it checks out and is a genuine low mileage as new car its worth going as I made the same comments as you and others, in that people may have a change in circumstances, use other transport etc etc.

My point was, these things do genuinely crop up but, one should do their due diligence as well and not just take someones word for it. Generally, things like 3/420's, just like C220's are bought as beaters so just got to make sure you're not getting one that's been clocked etc.

3. davidsl500

davidsl500 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R129 SL500 - GONE!!, X Type 2.2D SE
    As a case in point, T'other half's car does under 2,000 miles a year - which is almost exclusively shopping trips. I tend to drive and use my car for anything else.

4. noonboots

noonboots Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
    My son traded his two year old 435i last year with 22000 on it. His replacement 440i now has 13000 on it. Total warranty issues on both cars.... 1. On the 435 he had some corrosion on one alloy wheel, it was replaced.
    Get that 420 snapped up now

Conor likes this.