Young low mileage cars and warranty concerns

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Only thing to be wary of when buying from marine or off-shore is where they parked it when they were away?

If it's close to a quayside the salt spray and sh1te hawks can kill the bodywork. It can be made to look shiny shiny on the top but the underside can have rotted out. I had a friend who nearly bought an XK8 with very very low miles from Leicestershire - when he inspected it the underside was knackered, he looked into the history and it was from Aberdeen...

He lived no-where near the sea it lay in a garage at his mothers house and she used to take it to her sisters once a week for a run the bit I haven't understandably got round to mentioning was the make of car, a Triumph Acclaim it would have sounded so much better if it was some classic gem, it was even beige ............

DSK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 CDI, S350 Bluetec
Why are you sceptical about things like that? There is nothing to say that someone owning a car can’t use it exclusively on the weekend, or use other form of transport for getting to and from work.

I got my BMW GT last year. A 4 year old car with 17k miles and 2 owners (me being the 3rd). I have had no issues apart from one common one, which was dealt with under warranty, and when I pulled the cladding from underneath and got it on a ramp, it indeed looked like a brand new car.

Like it has been said, if the condition reflects the mileage then there is nothing to worry about.

I did also say if it checks out and is a genuine low mileage as new car its worth going as I made the same comments as you and others, in that people may have a change in circumstances, use other transport etc etc.

My point was, these things do genuinely crop up but, one should do their due diligence as well and not just take someones word for it. Generally, things like 3/420's, just like C220's are bought as beaters so just got to make sure you're not getting one that's been clocked etc.

davidsl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R172 250CDI Gone..!, R129 SL500 Gone...
As a case in point, T'other half's car does under 2,000 miles a year - which is almost exclusively shopping trips. I tend to drive and use my car for anything else.

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
My son traded his two year old 435i last year with 22000 on it. His replacement 440i now has 13000 on it. Total warranty issues on both cars.... 1. On the 435 he had some corrosion on one alloy wheel, it was replaced.
Get that 420 snapped up now

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom