Your Driving Licence Address

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
Do you have to be living there?...or can it be any address where you can be communicated at?

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs
Do you have to be living there?...or can it be any address where you can be communicated at?

I think it is your home address, not sure, but you can be fined £1000 if you get it wrong! :eek:

Russ

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
It is supposed to be the address you live at.

OP
as400

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
So if you own more than one property presumably you can choose which one to put down? And if you rent then go to work abroad are you obliged to inform DVLA?....a policeman told me recently it just needs to be an address where you can be contacted?..seems a bit of a gray area.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
....a policeman told me recently it just needs to be an address where you can be contacted?..seems a bit of a gray area.

What if you're of no fixed abode :shock:

OP
as400

as400

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212 E350cdi
What if you're of no fixed abode :shock:

Exactly, there can be many reasons why you don't live at the address on your licence, armed forces spring to mind.

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Yes I used to live on a narrow boat and used the mooring as my address.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
When you are over 70 you have to renew it every 4 years, but the snag comes when you cannot remember where you live

carloss

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
jaguar xk
So if you own more than one property presumably you can choose which one to put down? And if you rent then go to work abroad are you obliged to inform DVLA?....a policeman told me recently it just needs to be an address where you can be contacted?..seems a bit of a gray area.

What address did you give for insurance purposes???

?....a policeman told me recently it just needs to be an address where you can be contacted?..seems a bit of a gray area.

Where is the grey area????

Last edited:

Gary Hanson

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A Jag. Jags are my favourite.
....a policeman told me recently it just needs to be an address where you can be contacted?..seems a bit of a gray area.
I think that might be right. I'm sure I read somewhere a few years ago there was a company offering a kind of accommodation address for car owners and the website said as long as you could be contacted ie they forwarded mail to you, it was legal. If I can find the details again I'll post them up. I think one of the motivations behind it was so that these rogue parking enforcement companies can't get a car owners real address off DVLA and pester them (sounds like a good plan).

When you get to an age that you don't remember where you live, it won't matter anyway, because you'd forget to attend court for the trial and probably be ruled unfit to plead. Anyway, you wouldn't be able to drive as you'd never remember where you'd left the car keys.

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 cdi avantgarde estate
It used to be a well known way of avoiding undesirables from waking you up at 6.am over unpaid parking offences. I dont know if it's still legal.
Barry

JEZ.S320L

Reaction score
Website
www.latorreonline.es
Your Mercedes
Lincoln Navigator and a S320L Business Edition
What address did you give for insurance purposes???

?....a policeman told me recently it just needs to be an address where you can be contacted?..seems a bit of a gray area.

Where is the grey area????

school8.gif
My driving licence is registered to an address in the UK. As above, just a contact address is required. Simples.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom