Your thoughts please

gaz2179

Reaction score
Hi,
I have seen this on A/T and could do with some feedback.
53 plate E 220 estate 7 seat, aventgarde, 120K, I have seen the car and it looks
immaculate inside and out, all the bells and whistles work , it go's and stops well
It's dressed in brilliant silver has new tire's and shocks all round . It's priced at £8495, should I go for it or avoid ?
Best Regards
Gaz2179

coolhans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Present 2004 W211 E500, 1995 W124 E320 CE Coupe.
Copy the link into a post so we can have a look.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Hi,
I have seen this on A/T and could do with some feedback.
53 plate E 220 estate 7 seat, aventgarde, 120K, I have seen the car and it looks
immaculate inside and out, all the bells and whistles work , it go's and stops well
It's dressed in brilliant silver has new tire's and shocks all round . It's priced at £8495, should I go for it or avoid ?
Best Regards
Gaz2179

Seems expensive only paid £5000 for the same car with less miles.

jib

OP
G

gaz2179

Reaction score
wow how the hell can a trader be asking such a price? or did you get a once in a lifetime deal. Looking in A/T the price seemed about right!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Prices are tricky - some people get amazing bargains!.
Not sure whether the price is right or not. On the face of it, it seems top-end but then it's a 7 seat which commands a premium.
Does seem very clean. I wish my front bumper looked that well. I'm 25k behind it and the front of mine looks like it's been sandblasted!
Anyway, spec is basic but nothing wrong with that.
You need to look around and compare prices to know whether they're in the ball park, also sometimes higher prices reflect better trade ins and better after sales support so - swings and roundabouts.

coolhans

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Present 2004 W211 E500, 1995 W124 E320 CE Coupe.
The car looks very nice and it ticks all the boxes. There are cheaper ones around but you have to make that judgement call. The car has FMBSH which is good and it is a seven seater which tend to command slightly higher prices. Sometimes in my opinion it's better to pay slightly more for a car that is in premium condition than to get a cheaper example where you have to have a few things sorted out. I would say that for that money I would expect a 270, 280 or 320, much more power and smoother ride especially the 280 and 320 examples with the V6 3 litre engines but not a lot of difference in fuel consumption. As others have suggested, look around and compare prices. Good luck.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom