Any F1 fans

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
I thought S Korea was crap, just seemed like a bad attempt at a street circuit, bit like Baku now, bring back the old Hockenheim with the race through the trees, at least Spa is still with us

Yep, S Korea was rubbish and it always seemed to be raining there. Some venues are definately not much good for the spectator, and I'd include Monaco in that. But the drivers love it, it has prestige and a great following.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
That has to have been one of the most boring races ever.

Wasn't that bad :D

20525666_2422326301239008_4126467652830399166_n.jpg

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Question is, what's Kimi 'receiving' there? (Classic arm behind his head.....) :)

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
That has to have been one of the most boring races ever.
Did anyone overtake another car? It certainly didn't feel like it.
I fell asleep! Who on earth designs a RACE track where you can't overtake? Alternatively, are the cars just too fast for the some of the tracks?

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
You can overtake if you can get close to the car in front and follow it through the final sector to use DRS down the main straight into turn one or the run to the next corner.

The problem is F1 cars rely too much on Aerodynamic rather than mechanical grip. The wider cars and larger tyres were supposed to allow the cars to follow closer. But in reality it’s made them have to hold further back.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
I fell asleep! Who on earth designs a RACE track where you can't overtake? Alternatively, are the cars just too fast for the some of the tracks?
It's not a Herman Tilke circuit is it ? :rolleyes:

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
They can do it but the few laps driving hard under the dirty air would take a lot more out of the tyres and would require more stops. It's a shame because that's what we want to see!

Bring back re-fuelling!

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
They can do it but the few laps driving hard under the dirty air would take a lot more out of the tyres and would require more stops. It's a shame because that's what we want to see!

Bring back re-fuelling!

Refuelling would be good.

But if they improved mechanical grip and cooling the effect wouldn’t be as great on the tyres.

malcolm E53 AMG

Reaction score
You can overtake if you can get close to the car in front and follow it through the final sector to use DRS down the main straight into turn one or the run to the next corner.

The problem is F1 cars rely too much on Aerodynamic rather than mechanical grip. The wider cars and larger tyres were supposed to allow the cars to follow closer. But in reality it’s made them have to hold further back.

Funny old world isn't it!

I used to think American oval racing was boring but at least the best car/driver set-up wins and more importantly you can overtake

Perhaps if less money had been taken out of F1 and had been reinvested in new circuits that allow racing/overtaking the sport wouldn't be so dull. The last races I classed as entertaining involved Nigel Mansell, Prost and Senna

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
But if they improved mechanical grip and cooling the effect wouldn’t be as great on the tyres.

They should have gone to a more F2 aero package which uses more ground effect through the chassis than wings, several people mentioned it when they announced the new regs, all these silly winglets etc on them like the Ferrari side pods is ridiculous.

They should simplify the front wings and remove all the strakes from the sidepods, the purity of the design has been lost, the fans don't care about it all and most don't understand it, at £30k for a front wing which they regularly destroy it would also bring costs down.

I sense Ross Brawn will be changing things when the next set of technical regs is released

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I think they should be forced to develop mechanical grip. It would eventually transfer to road cars...... :p

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom