Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
He was seven. Maybe

Five year old? Don't recall saying that. Perhaps go back and reread it. And it wasn't an insult - just a simple fact.
Oh, I do apologise.... it clearly wasn't an lnsult at all.......

Odd fact to put on a forum. Can he spell other words or just that one?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Oh, I do apologise.... it clearly wasn't an lnsult at all.......

Odd fact to put on a forum. Can he spell other words or just that one?
No he's pretty good actually. He can spell lots of words.
Now if we want to get into scholastic achievements he can you tell the difference between 5 and 7. He's pretty good with numbers too.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I believe we would have to reapply...

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
No he's pretty good actually. He can spell lots of words.
Now if we want to get into scholastic achievements he can you tell the difference between 5 and 7. He's pretty good with numbers too.
Good for him. Like most remainers I see you are latching onto one unimportant point and trying to make cheap capital out of it.

I shan't lose any sleep that I mistakenly said he was 5 rather than 7. Hardly a Dianne Abbott level of mathematical error.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Gents, gents, let's not descent to banned-member levels of discussion please...

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I believe we would have to reapply...
In theory there is no way, it would have to be a reapplication under new terms, which would be even less palatable than the previous terms, but it is really uncharted territory and possibly open to legal challenge as to whether article 50 could be revoked (the wording is just woolly enough for this to happen).... But I would imagine that there would be no way back on current terms, only worse ones (No rebate, no veto etc)

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
When did we?
Gov announce - hmm 2 years ago that it would be stopped (I think).

- I did think that continuing to send them aid was ridiculous because they should surely look after their own - they seem to have boatloads of lolly (enough to buy the odd steel or car company for example) while we have a growing number of food banks.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just want to say that I'm feeling really positive about Brexit , the wave of euphoria just hit me after a mug of hot chocolate . We are going to be a global superpower . It's all plain sailing from here on out :)
Yup plain sailing. Downwards?

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Gov announce - hmm 2 years ago that it would be stopped (I think).

- I did think that continuing to send them aid was ridiculous because they should surely look after their own - they seem to have boatloads of lolly (enough to buy the odd steel or car company for example) while we have a growing number of food banks.
Thing is, yes they do have a lot of money in their economy, but the divide between the haves and have nots over there makes our divide look insignificant

There is real real poverty in many parts of India, which is why stopping aid to them is a bit of a double edged sword - we should not be borrowing money to give it to a rich country in aid, but there is a lot of poverty that needs to be addressed. That said, im not sure how much good our donation was actually doing and how much was getting through to the people that needed it..

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Actually it was a comment about the strength of your argument. Plenty of insults have been thrown from both sides.

It really wasn't. It was one of the first insults I heard, even before the vote took place.

You want to take my comments as ridicule, go ahead, that is your right. But I suppose that the intended meaning of saying that your five year old grandson can spell remain is not an insult at all? Glass houses and all that.

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/brexit.150446/page-95#post-1449227

I think you're wrong. I recall making it up (see above) in response to the insulting "remoan" tag. You know, the polite and respectful nickname applied by people who don't agree with those who did not vote to leave. So as LK says AFAIK it was most certainly a tit-for-tat response term.

bembo449

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes Cl500, shitron dispatch
Thing is, yes they do have a lot of money in their economy, but the divide between the haves and have nots over there makes our divide look insignificant

There is real real poverty in many parts of India, which is why stopping aid to them is a bit of a double edged sword - we should not be borrowing money to give it to a rich country in aid, but there is a lot of poverty that needs to be addressed. That said, im not sure how much good our donation was actually doing and how much was getting through to the people that needed it..
our cash helped them put a shiney space rocket in the air last year ! so poverty of their own people is very low on the agenda in India apparently

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/index.php?threads/brexit.150446/page-95#post-1449227

I think you're wrong. I recall making it up (see above) in response to the insulting "remoan" tag. You know, the polite and respectful nickname applied by people who don't agree with those who did not vote to leave. So as LK says AFAIK it was most certainly a tit-for-tat response term.
No, definitely heard it before the referendum vote.... I didn't say I heard it on here, but you certainly didn't invent it.

Insults have been flying from the remain side long before the vote was cast.

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
It's a shame that the difference of opinions between the eu Ins and Outs gets so emotive, but not really surprising.
It's reasonable to disapprove with the close call referendum and reasonable to be glad it went our way, but arguing the pros and cons now isn't going to make a difference to the final result of negotiations, but it can still be interesting.

I can see there being a differing of views regarding if the Tories should get more or less power from the election and I'm more than happy to debate the pros and cons of that. The insults detract from intelligent debate, and just like politicians do, it clouds the true argument here.

I've got my beliefs in the Brexit situation and I'm happy to discuss, because it might be that a good argument from others might cause me to evolve those views. I can't see the value of being offensive to try and support an argument though.

Last edited:

geraldrobins

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C Class/2011/200cdi
Cant we just agree insults have been cast from all sides and not worry about how it started.
We all have to live together after Brexit and live with the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom