Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Frankly, the motor industry will sort itself out- it's always had to do so despite government interference (and certainly not due to government help!).

It's the rest of Brexit we have to worry about now - every detailed report shows it's exactly what I said at the very beginning - they frankly haven't got a clue. Mayhem's latest u-turn trick - calling on all parties to contribute after spending a year arrogantly tight lipped is the best joke of all and further shows that they really haven't got a clue! And I won't even start about Bumbling Boris!
That would be every detailed report from the massively biased media sources that you delight in reading then.

How many jobs have *actually* gone due to Brexit Dave?? Versus what the crystal balls are saying?

And frankly you know nothing about what the negotiating team are doing or have planned, and why should you. The point about negotiations are that you don't tell everyone what you have planned, including the other side until you are good and ready.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I don't think Dave said anything about knowing what the negotiating teams have planned - he's just commenting on the public statements of U-Turn Theresa.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
That would be every detailed report from the massively biased media sources that you delight in reading then.

How many jobs have *actually* gone due to Brexit Dave?? Versus what the crystal balls are saying?

And frankly you know nothing about what the negotiating team are doing or have planned, and why should you. The point about negotiations are that you don't tell everyone what you have planned, including the other side until you are good and ready.

zzzz yawnnn zzzz

You just carry on sleepwalking to the problems - or better still, try whistling like Bumbling Boris!

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
I don't think Dave said anything about knowing what the negotiating teams have planned - he's just commenting on the public statements of U-Turn Theresa.
Well he is commenting that they don't have a clue so that must mean he knows exactly what is going on.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
zzzz yawnnn zzzz

You just carry on sleepwalking to the problems - or better still, try whistling like Bumbling Boris!
Yan, yep exactly what I think when I read your daily moan.

Not sleepwalking....very aware of what is going on. Just not hunting for every possible problem and believing every bit of negativity and wallowing in it.

Good to see though that you have completely changed your position and are now the champion of the poor bankers who might lose their jobs.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Well he is commenting that they don't have a clue so that must mean he knows exactly what is going on.

I think U-Turn Theresa's continuous about faces give that impression without actually needing to know what they are doing.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Here is a summary of the 6124 posts on the last 306 pages:

Brexit, it's ****!
Brexit, it's great!
****!
Great!
**** **** ****!!!!
GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Here is a summary of the 6124 posts on the last 306 pages:

Brexit, it's ****!
Brexit, it's great!
****!
Great!
**** **** ****!!!!
GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!
You missed off:
Catastrophy
Disaster
Might
Possibly

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
May be not you but others of the anti-EU triumvirate voice those sentiments regularly (marvelous crystal ball by the look of it).
I'm not sure they do, but if they do, what is wrong with looking forward with positivity and trying to make the best of something.

If you go into something thinking it will be a disaster, it undoubtedly will.

Life is what you make it. People with negative outlooks tend to have negative lives, people with positive outlooks tend to be successful (or at least happy)

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I've pulled one of the triumvirate up any number of times for the crystal ball style predictions so yes they do.

Now personally I don't go into things looking for it to be a disaster (and I don't think Dave does either - he tends in most cases to comment on what is observed or reported). I look at where the pitfalls are and wonder about their impact (as with the car manufacturing above - which I am quite happy about now thanks to Craig's replies given he is closer to that than any of us).

In reply to your comment on outlooks - a pessimist is never disappointed.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I dont think there's a lot to comment on until the repeal bill goes through and then they start arguing about which bits to trash.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I dont think there's a lot to comment on until the repeal bill goes through and then they start arguing about which bits to trash.
Yeah well, it looks like that will make for an interesting situation now.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I'm not sure they do, but if they do, what is wrong with looking forward with positivity and trying to make the best of something.

If you go into something thinking it will be a disaster, it undoubtedly will.

Life is what you make it. People with negative outlooks tend to have negative lives, people with positive outlooks tend to be successful (or at least happy)

Interesting. So you're "happy" with rising prices and jobs being exported then?

The reason I generally post bad news is because I don't like the way brexquitters keep telling me everything is wonderful, which it certainly isn't Only this week the ex-boss of Sainsbury's, Justin King, warned that 'Brexit will hit the weekly shop' - He told Panorama: 'We are all being kept "completely in the dark" about the effect Brexit will have on our weekly shop' (a bit like Theresa May's red, white and blue" plan, eh?) - He says it is going to mean "higher prices, less choice and poorer quality". In the same week the British Retail Consortium said roughly the same: "The reality is that cost pressures faced by retailers continue to mount" (Helen Dickinson, BRC chief executive).... Over the last four years the BRC price index has shown a deflationary trend, caused by supermarkets engaging in a price war as well as falling global oil and food prices. Then last month the BoE said consumer price inflation, which stood at 2.9 percent in May, could exceed 3 percent by the autumn.

So pain for what gain?

But actually, Justin King is too late - we already have higher prices... Of course we mustn't talk about it because it's just Project Fear... (like the currency which just had it's worst performance and is still worth 15% less against the dollar - which is quite unreal because if Trump & Co sort themselves out we'll only go down further! Still whoopee! diesel has gone down at the supermarkets to £1.119 - only 12% more than the night before the Brexit vote!)

Reuters reported on 10th July "Big UK firms curtail investment plans, consumer slowdown deepens - surveys"

Meanwhile the French are falling over themselves to attract our banks - but in fact they're doing that in competition with Frankfurt - either way one or the other is looking to entice them.
So far only HSBC has announced a major shift of jobs from London to Paris, with plans to move up to 1,000 posts to the French capital, where the British bank has long had big operations. Only 1000 jobs - but what's next?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
The UK food and drink sector is set to boom beyond its current £79bn of sales, driven by opportunities including worldwide export of products
https://realbusiness.co.uk/exports/...ctors-fatten-britains-79bn-food-drink-sector/

This is really terrible news if your a Europhile so Euronews spins it backwards.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/07/03/export-boom-euro-zone-shows-britain-how-its-done

but hidden in the story;

The euro is 17 percent weaker against the U.S. dollar than at the end of 2014.

oh what to do ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom