CL500, CL63 and others......decisions, decisions

Richard Hinds

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL350, 2007
Back to finding a car for Malcolm! I saw a company called Howard Wise (www.howardwisecars.co.uk) are advertising a SL63 AMG, registered 09/09, and wondered if it was of any interest? I guess there aren't too many of these around. Palladium Silver, black leather. They have it at £45k on their web site, but £39,995 elsewhere! I'd read that as "fishing" and so open to offers.
I hope this helps.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Back to finding a car for Malcolm! I saw a company called Howard Wise (www.howardwisecars.co.uk) are advertising a SL63 AMG, registered 09/09, and wondered if it was of any interest? I guess there aren't too many of these around. Palladium Silver, black leather. They have it at £45k on their web site, but £39,995 elsewhere! I'd read that as "fishing" and so open to offers.
I hope this helps.

Yes I saw that one:D I like the colour then I saw this one
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../postcode/dt73nb/make/mercedes-benz?logcode=p

Not sure if a pano roof or not, and 40k miles, but it does have all I need. Do I wait till next year and get the new model SL500, they are running at around £55k plus right now.

MB Chelsea have a 2012 CL with 20k miles, but just silver, and fully loaded and a little strong at £42k.

Oh just what to do:( decisions decisions decisions .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
thought you might like this Malcolm- I would have bought it, it was comfortable and suited me well, but white.....not so sure

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 23

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
thought you might like this Malcolm- I would have bought it, it was comfortable and suited me well, but white.....not so sure

I have not thought of one of those :idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:

The Pan Man

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2008 E 500 A/G Classic colour combination.
Bernard, My personal plate was a gift for my 50th many moons ago, it's OK but now that you can't go to your local DVLA office and do the transfer there and then it's a right faff about. What used to take a little waiting time + 5 miutes to do the paperwork now takes up to 3 weeks, so you can't change your plates and when it was the old tax disc and drive away legally. So how do we go from 5 minutes + waiting time to 3 weeks?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Off topic a little, but Bernard, how did you find the people at BMC? Do they seem a trust worthy lot, just happens I've seen a car with them and I'm interested, do wonder what their like for negotiating as well?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Bernard, My personal plate was a gift for my 50th many moons ago, it's OK but now that you can't go to your local DVLA office and do the transfer there and then it's a right faff about. What used to take a little waiting time + 5 miutes to do the paperwork now takes up to 3 weeks, so you can't change your plates and when it was the old tax disc and drive away legally. So how do we go from 5 minutes + waiting time to 3 weeks?

I have the same, mine was for the 40th., again quite a few moons ago! Or feels like it...

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Mine was a present too..... Although I seem to recall I ended up paying for it! :-(

BernardB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL600 (W216) 2006
Off topic a little, but Bernard, how did you find the people at BMC? Do they seem a trust worthy lot, just happens I've seen a car with them and I'm interested, do wonder what their like for negotiating as well?
Sorry Matty, maybe it's too early in the morning, but I don't know who BMC are. I bought my car from Sovereign in Eastbourne.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Sorry Matty, maybe it's too early in the morning, but I don't know who BMC are. I bought my car from Sovereign in Eastbourne.

Ah my mistake, thought it was BMC (Barclay Motor Company) you had bought it from. Ignore me I'll go back to sleep lol

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This thread has gone quiet, I wonder how mpwnbr is getting on with his 600.

Car are selling well, the SL and CL that I have been thinking of have both been sold.

So I will sit back till the new year and re think.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
As soon as I was in a position to change, cars that I had been watching for about 6 weeks blumin sold overnight! :-(

Have seen quite a cheeky C63 though... And for £3k less than the previous ones!

BernardB

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL600 (W216) 2006

Car are selling well, the SL and CL that I have been thinking of have both been sold.

Yes, I do hope the OP hasn't had a disappointment.

OP
M

mpwnbr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CL600 / 2007 / 5.5 litre

Apologies for the radio silence guys; I've been extremely busy in work, but luckily that spell is now over.

An update on the car........all checks have been done, and I'm happy. I did the DirectGov MOT history check, which did show one concerning issue on which the car failed its MOT earlier this year, however after repair it then passed. Of course the garage selling the car have done their checks too. So all is good with the car.

Unfortunately taking receipt of the car has been delayed slightly. I'm sure I mentioned in an earlier post how the massage function wasn't working in the car, and the dealership were having it fixed by Mercedes. Apparently the reason it's not working is due to a punctured air cushion inside the chair, which needs replacing. And not being a standard stock part, they're waiting for it to arrive from Germany, due on Tuesday. I'm hoping therefore that I'll have the car by Thursday/Friday at the latest.

Rest assured once I get the car I will post some photo's; see what your thoughts are.

I've got to admit though that I'm feeling like a child in the build-up to Christmas, and starting to get impatient waiting, so have been spending endless hours watching others video's of CL600's on Youtube!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks for the reply and update, all parts for the S class cars are never stocked in the UK and they all have to come from Germany, usually arriving in the UK on Friday PM, so something to get used to.

I have removed the skin cover from an SL230 back to attend to the bladders and not too bad a job, the rotten thing on the CL is that the seat back lower section is clipped under the seat and WIS says put your hand under and unhook it, but there is no way to get a hand under it. I have devised a way, but I guess they will sort it out.

OP
M

mpwnbr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes CL600 / 2007 / 5.5 litre
Thanks for the reply and update, all parts for the S class cars are never stocked in the UK and they all have to come from Germany, usually arriving in the UK on Friday PM, so something to get used to.

I have removed the skin cover from an SL230 back to attend to the bladders and not too bad a job, the rotten thing on the CL is that the seat back lower section is clipped under the seat and WIS says put your hand under and unhook it, but there is no way to get a hand under it. I have devised a way, but I guess they will sort it out.

Oh dear, I hope that doesn't mean that the part will be delivered this coming Friday, meaning an even lengthier wait! :(

Regarding the fix, the salesman said the drivers seat would be removed to enable the repair, and coming at a cost of £800. One thing is for sure they've spent a few shillings on the car, and the more I look at it the better deal I see that I got. Bear in mind the other CL600 that was advertised for sale on Autotrader, albeit for only a couple of days, had 8,000 more miles, inferior specification, silly wheels, and was up for £4k more. Looks like I got a great deal........well at least once I get my hands on the car anyway!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes the seat will have to come out as no room to do it in a coupe, its only a 15 min job to get it out. Friday has always been my delivery date, it maybe that their delivery date is on a Tuesday

It will get sorted out :D:D

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom