DIESEL SCAPEGOATS - WE ARE SCRAP?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
It is 100% effective in its intended purpose- complying with Euro6 regulations.
And increasing Urea sales....
Don't know about you but I've just been lagging in the adblue tank ;)
at my age that urge just seems to happen in the middle if the night, but remember my industry...I have a cunning plan ;)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
And increasing Urea sales....

at my age that urge just seems to happen in the middle if the night, but remember my industry...I have a cunning plan ;)
Hehehe!!!!!!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
if only that worked!!!!

You need to use a funnel Pete! Pretending it's the wardrobe at 0230 after a night on the wobbly won't work!

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
A while back there was some talk about the government looking at some help for diesel drivers' losses.
It may not be needed:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-emissions-claims-idUKKBN1940NL
Dutch, English drivers team up to sue VW over "dieselgate"

It starts off:
Around 220,000 car drivers in the Netherlands, England and Wales joined forces on Tuesday in what could become a pan-European lawsuit against German carmaker Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) seeking compensation over its "dieselgate" emissions scandal.

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
I'm a foreigner in the eyes of this country and I will say it. "Great" (very loosely used) Britain is going to s**t. The government is full of thieving b******s that only care about lining up their pocket. How many people have had a normal job like the majority of the population here?

This is one of the very few countries in the EU where diesel is more expensive than petrol. And they want to make is pay even more? Of course, why not. Look at the duty on tobacco and alcohol. That is extortionate as well. Where else in the EU does it cost that much? Does it correspond to what people earn (for the majoroty)?

Why am I paying tax for the lazy c***s that sit on the ass all day and fill out a job seekers form here and there? Are they too good to go work in a factory or on the field? Yes they are, according to themselves. I don't want to be robbed every paycheque for that. And that is on top of everything else that is overpriced here due to tax.

But it gets better still. Corbyn wants to remove the council tax and turn that into garden tax, to the tune of up to 4 times more.

It is all a scam for more money very much like the extra tax for diesel cars in London, and by that mean the £96 for parking on top per permit.

How long is this sheepish nation going to sit back and take it up the a**e? Everyone complains, nobody does anyhing. Every vote for the next big thing makes things worse.

Good luck to all of you, but at this rate I will not be staying here for long.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
I'm a foreigner in the eyes of this country and I will say it. "Great" (very loosely used) Britain is going to s**t. The government is full of thieving b******s that only care about lining up their pocket. How many people have had a normal job like the majority of the population here?

This is one of the very few countries in the EU where diesel is more expensive than petrol. And they want to make is pay even more? Of course, why not. Look at the duty on tobacco and alcohol. That is extortionate as well. Where else in the EU does it cost that much? Does it correspond to what people earn (for the majoroty)?

Why am I paying tax for the lazy c***s that sit on the ass all day and fill out a job seekers form here and there? Are they too good to go work in a factory or on the field? Yes they are, according to themselves. I don't want to be robbed every paycheque for that. And that is on top of everything else that is overpriced here due to tax.

But it gets better still. Corbyn wants to remove the council tax and turn that into garden tax, to the tune of up to 4 times more.

It is all a scam for more money very much like the extra tax for diesel cars in London, and by that mean the £96 for parking on top per permit.

How long is this sheepish nation going to sit back and take it up the a**e? Everyone complains, nobody does anyhing. Every vote for the next big thing makes things worse.

Good luck to all of you, but at this rate I will not be staying here for long.

Someone appears to be a tad upset. Do you need a cup of tea chap?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
so long, and thanks for all the fish...

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
My car emits sweet smelling rose petals and makes people smile.

I have a urea tank but have never opened it up.

My car luckily is an EU6 which seems to comply with most if not all of these low emission zones.

Mind you give it a year or so and maybe mine will be penalised.

It does seem that it's easier to clobber the motorists than tackle over population bad road systems etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And looking at exactly what "pollution" is defined as... the whole Paris Agreement has a LOT to answer for.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
And looking at exactly what "pollution" is defined as... the whole Paris Agreement has a LOT to answer for.

That's just another treaty that was signed by politicians who had the gravy on a day out but will do nothing about the problems that occur. And when problems do occur, some countries (not pointing at our close neighbours or anything) will simply ignore the treaty but our attitude will be that we must play cricket by the book.

But what do I know (I've only been a taxpayer for 60+ years!).
- I must be wrong because the Gruadian says it was "the world's greatest diplomatic success".
- Lunch must have been very good.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
That's just another treaty that was signed by politicians who had the gravy on a day out but will do nothing about the problems that occur. And when problems do occur, some countries (not pointing at our close neighbours or anything) will simply ignore the treaty but our attitude will be that we must play cricket by the book.

But what do I know (I've only been a taxpayer for 60+ years!).
- I must be wrong because the Gruadian says it was "the world's greatest diplomatic success".
- Lunch must have been very good.

Trump didn't like what was on the menu much!

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I'm wondering if, given that we will have a government that won't be able to pass legislation easily or quickly, that the proposals to butt **** diesel drivers will be shelved for a while?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom