General Election...June 8

OP
N

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Even an ex-council house in London is worth over a million these days.
Of more relevance perhaps is the family home he grew up in:
nintchdbpict000286884845.jpg

Sold for around £650k last year.

That's a very nice house, especially for that money. I would say though I bet the house he lives in in London (assuming he owns it) would command a higher price.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Its all relative I suppose but million pound houses in London rarely amount to much, then the house he grew up in pictured is nice but hardly a mansion.
Then theres the old chestnut privately educated, as though anyone in the Labour Party should have walked to school in clogs and left a sink estate school at 14.
Corbyns distaste for the private sector is clear from his policies.

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
Although in fairness that green bathroom suite does look like something from a council estate so maybe we are misjudging.

OP
N

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
Although in fairness that green bathroom suite does look like something from a council estate so maybe we are misjudging.

Avocado dear boy...not many of those on a council estate, what what...

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You are sure the big gap was only under the door lol

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
You omit to mention Corbyn lives in a house thats worth over £1M, went to private school and also has earnings of £143,000 pa. He also gets the same pension rights.

I have no issue with MP's being paid a fair salary after all they take on a job everyone else moans about, they get criticised no matter what they do and also face hatred and risks to their lives. I do though think attendance in the house should be tighter controlled. Take Gordon Brown for example, barely ever turned up. There are others too.

I've no problem with MPs getting a decent salary - they should be well paid.

BUT
it makes my blood warm up when when Mrs Maybe, the U-Turn hypocrite (with her)Ts & Cs): -
  • £143K+ a year
  • PLUS expenses
  • PLUS accomodation costs
  • PLUS the ability as a result to rent out any property she owns
  • PLUS the use of Chequers
  • PLUS a cushy pension
  • PLUS special "Resettlement" arrangements if she loses her seat (like redundancy only ten times better) etc- ad nauseum....
...while she decides "it's fair" to cut (means test) my £300 heat allowance (that I paid in to the system for 60 years to get) and she also decides to set up rules to take the value of my house that (I paid for over the same many years at HUGE interest rates by comparison to today) when SWMBO or I go "gaga" with dementia. - Which she has no intention of letting go (she batted it off as a u-turn by saying it will be "reviewed"...). Yeah, right.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dementia-tax-general-election-2017-theresa-may-u-turn-caps-house-prices-a7749781.html : -

Don't be fooled – Theresa May has no intention of dropping the 'dementia tax'

- And to think... I used to vote conservative!
- It was always the best of a lousy choice... But no more! Never.

Last edited:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
****ing hell Dave, calm it down.

The only realistic alternative right now is Mr. Corbyn. Who has exactly the same remuneration package, and will gladly put your grandkids into more debt upto their eyeballs into the tenth generation while surrendering this country's freedoms to the first cnut to come along asking.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I can see why Dave is angry, but I also wonder if the Tory budget is the most realistic. It's all very well Labour promising the earth but how will they fund it? At least the LibDems are honest about putting a penny on tax which personally I wouldnt object too.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I can see why Dave is angry, but I also wonder if the Tory budget is the most realistic. It's all very well Labour promising the earth but how will they fund it? At least the LibDems are honest about putting a penny on tax which personally I wouldnt object too.
Theresa May was hounded by Andrew Neill about the £8bn she was going to put into the NHS and asked where it was coming from and all she could say talk about was growth funding it and could give no concrete source of funds. Growth is also far from assured.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
****ing hell Dave, calm it down.

The only realistic alternative right now is Mr. Corbyn. Who has exactly the same remuneration package, and will gladly put your grandkids into more debt upto their eyeballs into the tenth generation while surrendering this country's freedoms to the first cnut to come along asking.

No it's not the only realistic alternative. I'm astounded that you round on me - it only takes a moment's analysis to appreciate that it's grossly unfair - especially coming from the woman who (claims) she wants to right all injustices and look after the JAMs. Shame I don't qualify as a JAM because I was so stupid and saved money for our old age and rainy days. I didn't do that so that a jumped up (lying and two-faced) "evangelist" could slice my income and assets. Funny isn't it that she's the one planning the injustice - will she turn round and castigate herself, then?

It's out in the open that Mrs Maybe added the care funding budget items off her own bat (playing at "Mrs President" making Executive Decisions again!). At least she could have planned a phased introduction of changes - not just clobber the sick and elderly in one wallop. Still, it seems clobbering the sick and the elderly is a Tory strength these days which justifies my decision that I will never, ever vote Tory again!

I now think she'll be gone before long - and it will be good riddance even though I recognise the problem of the lack of a suitable alternative. But that probably makes it worse in fact, because when they (Tories) rebel and get rid of her it will leave an awful vacuum.

Last edited:

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
If anyone wants some time away from the forum so they can calm right down, this can easily be arranged

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Not rounding on you, old boy, more concerned for you on how very deeply you're feeling on this.

Remember Rule #1 of politics: WIN THE DAMN ELECTION. Right now the only likely challenger to a Tory majority, and thus May staying in No. 10, is a weak Labour minority. Very weak and riven through by division and self doubt- with Corbyn at the helm.

As to how long May stays in power, I'll repeat what I've said before. She is a crisis or wartime leader. Similar to Winnie in that vein. She'll take us out of Europe and then, in that highly pragmatic way the stories have of leadership elections, will be gone within the space of two months of a challenge being mounted.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
No it's not
Not rounding on you, old boy, more concerned for you on how very deeply you're feeling on this.

Remember Rule #1 of politics: WIN THE DAMN ELECTION. Right now the only likely challenger to a Tory majority, and thus May staying in No. 10, is a weak Labour minority. Very weak and riven through by division and self doubt- with Corbyn at the helm.

As to how long May stays in power, I'll repeat what I've said before. She is a crisis or wartime leader. Similar to Winnie in that vein. She'll take us out of Europe and then, in that highly pragmatic way the stories have of leadership elections, will be gone within the space of two months of a challenge being mounted.

You're probably right - especially about the time before she gets challenged etc but by that time she will have cut my pension and heat payments (and as I said, I paid in what was required for over 60 years to get it) and of course she will get her dementia tax in place during/after the election.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If anyone wants some time away from the forum so they can calm right down, this can easily be arranged

I hope you're not getting at me - I've not said anything offensive - only the truth!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There is little question May is something of a megalomaniac. There are more than a few reports of her doing things with no consultation with the rest of the party or trying to steam roller her way through things. I guess to a certain extent that's a trait of leadership (as in why people take on the role) but there are comparisons made to DCs style and Mrs Mays. DC apparently would ask advice and discuss things with advisors and ministers whereas May tends to do everything behind closed doors without seeking advice or taking time to discuss things. There is no doubt this is why we see so many u-turns as she hasn't fully thought things through (social care being a classic example).

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom