General Election...June 8

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
But unfortunately it looks as though the DUP deal will happen (we won't know the cost until afterwards - but it will cost!).
But Mayhem is now so damaged that I wouldn't want her negotiating anything for my kids/grandkids future, but unless someone topples her this week that's who we are sending out to represent us. I think it's quite unlikely anyone - even Bumbling Boris - will volunteer because her u-turns and arrogance over Brexit then finally calling the election to "increase her mandate" have made us a laughing stock and as a result the PM's job has now become a real poisoned chalice.

You make it sound as though Mrs May is going to negotiate Brexit all on her own. She has a team of advisors (hopefully a lot better than her General election advisors) that will do the work. Mrs May will oversee the talks, but to suggest she alone negotiates the deals is wide of the mark.
One thing is pretty clear since Thursday, May won't be in the hot seat to the end of negotiations. The knives are out and Boris and David Davies look favourites for the hot seat. I wouldn't be happy with Boris I'm afraid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexits-key-players-negotiators-who-10116333

A left wing rag to identify the players.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
You make it sound as though Mrs May is going to negotiate Brexit all on her own. She has a team of advisors (hopefully a lot better than her General election advisors) that will do the work. Mrs May will oversee the talks, but to suggest she alone negotiates the deals is wide of the mark.
One thing is pretty clear since Thursday, May won't be in the hot seat to the end of negotiations. The knives are out and Boris and David Davies look favourites for the hot seat. I wouldn't be happy with Boris I'm afraid.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/brexits-key-players-negotiators-who-10116333

A left wing rag to identify the players.

But you're picking on the wrong person - Mrs Mayhem (deliberately) made it sound as though Mrs May is going to negotiate Brexit all on her own... just like the election posters that didn't even say conservative (or Conservative). We were supposed to rely on her oft repeated "strong and stable"... And as the main person in charge,I do wonder how often the EU negotiators will put up with her changing her mind? I do worry about that "team of advisors" - based on her public utterings they can't really be very good. Crass remarks like "I want a red white and blue Brexit" did us no favours and her confrontational terms (it was never necessary to say "no deal is better than a bad deal" - treated her forthcoming opposites as utterly stupid with no respect whatsoever - not a good way to promote meaningful give and take!

I agree and I think she'll be gone within a week - she probably wants to go now. I certainly wouldn't want Boris representing UK in that scenario because he never engages his brain before opening his mouth. Someone here suggested Fallon - he does come across as sufficiently old in the tooth not to flap etc. But it really should not be Theresa May.

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Rumour has it Labour were doing very well on polling day until 5pm, when the Conservatives knocked off work.

Interesting. My wife voted Labour. She was at work before the polling station opened on Thursday, and was one of, if not the last through the door on her way home from work just before 10pm. She is a GP, before you ask ;)

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Agree with your synopsis, The Tories are closing ranks and backing her because they fear another election so soon as they do believe, and are correct, in thinking so, that they need a new and strong leader who could stop Jeremy Corbyn's revival.
Changed times indeed.
I certainly do not think she can command any respect from Europe, and negotiations will suffer.
Just watch as her cabinet is announced, this time it will be decided by the Tories Pary themselves, and little change .

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Rumour has it Labour were doing very well on polling day until 5pm, when the Conservatives knocked off work.
Even the Tories, and their associated press know where to draw the line. But you now see it as fair game to have a go at the people who voted for labour. Now if you statement was true it would say more for the lies told by the Tories about the low unemployment figures that they keep harping on about. and also say a lot about the number of people who are on ZERO HOURS contracts and have to go to work during evening and night time, when the conservative voters have all gone to their comfy homes.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Even the Tories, and their associated press know where to draw the line. But you now see it as fair game to have a go at the people who voted for labour. Now if you statement was true it would say more for the lies told by the Tories about the low unemployment figures that they keep harping on about. and also say a lot about the number of people who are on ZERO HOURS contracts and have to go to work during evening and night time, when the conservative voters have all gone to their comfy homes.

Lighten up.

Can't you tell when someone is being serious or not!

Even PRW had a sense of humour.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

I must take issue with your regarding George Best... he was so "high" after his 23rd birthday that we never actually saw him play at his full potential (just think how superb he might have been as he grew up!). But after transmorgifying into Alex "Hurricane" Higgins there was absolutely nobody in Western Europe who could cue up like him (I was so sad when he passed away)! Although he was sometimes tainted as a "bad boy", on a couple of occasions I saw him declare i) a self-foul when he touched the cue ball and ii) defend his opponent when the ferf called a foul. A gentleman of his game - RIP.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel...
Mayhem has rejuvenated back-stabber Gove as Environment Secretary...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40241229
Cabinet reshuffle: Theresa May praises Tory 'talent'

Sorry, I don't feel very well... need to go and be sick.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
You know what they say 'Keep your friends close, and your Enemies closer'.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes... Many a true word!

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Just read this on the BBC news:

"One of the reasons for the delay is also believed to be because the speech has to be written on goat's skin parchment paper, which takes a few days to dry - and the Tory negotiations with the DUP mean it cannot be ready in time."

Seriously? I mean I'm all for tradition, but this is insane.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Just read this on the BBC news:

"One of the reasons for the delay is also believed to be because the speech has to be written on goat's skin parchment paper, which takes a few days to dry - and the Tory negotiations with the DUP mean it cannot be ready in time."

Seriously? I mean I'm all for tradition, but this is insane.

That looks like a contrived excuse... probably behind the scenes the arguments have started an a good few MPs are questioning the cost of the DIP support - because for sure they will be extracting their pound of flesh. It only says "for a few days" on the news pages so it will probably stretch to a week.

Before that Mrs Mayhem has to face the 1922 committee etc today. Naturally enough the other parties are enjoying it - Labour said it "shows government in chaos" and Sturgeon said it: “raises the very real question of whether this prime minister can put together a functioning government”.

She went on to say: "Now that we hear the Queen’s speech is delayed, that raises concerns and questions about what is being cooked up behind closed doors".

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
One thing is clear after the election result......George Osborne is a traitorous nasty piece of work.
Realising he had no chance of another prominent government position he quit politics to be editor of the Evening Standard and use his position to vilify Mrs May, who can hardly respond.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
^ Not sure what to make of that. Farage will come back to politics I'm certain and he means to have a voice should Brexit falter.
But the tories would be crazy to consider getting Farage on board as part of any negotiating team. He has too many haters this side of the channel, let alone in the EU.

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
^ Not sure what to make of that. Farage will come back to politics I'm certain and he means to have a voice should Brexit falter.
But the tories would be crazy to consider getting Farage on board as part of any negotiating team. He has too many haters this side of the channel, let alone in the EU.
I don't disagree and this could be 'misinformation' from the paper concerned, or the DUP opening their negotiation for cooperation stance!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
That would be a fantastic way of really killing of Mayhem, just checking the date..oopps its not April 1st, is this Metro another redtop rag

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Strange days indeed;
Gove's return to high profile, Tory/DUP alliance,
Dianne Abbots mystery ill-health, Trump!
What next, alien invasion?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
One thing is clear after the election result......George Osborne is a traitorous nasty piece of work.
Realising he had no chance of another prominent government position he quit politics to be editor of the Evening Standard and use his position to vilify Mrs May, who can hardly respond.

I'm pretty sure in his eyes Mrs Mayhem is a traitorous nasty piece of work - she did her first u-urn and converted from Remain to Brexquitter to get the "big job" and immediately told him there was no place for him in her government. According to a biography of the PM, he paid the price for trying to get Theresa May sacked when she was home secretary - on this web page it says that was because he had been angered by Mrs May’s low-key support for the Remain campaign in last year’s EU referendum: -

http://www.scotsman.com/news/george-osborne-paid-price-for-trying-to-get-may-sacked-1-4357899

- But politicians are all the same with grudges if they get the chance.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom