no wonder the NHS is in dire straights

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
There is
It's good to know that you are positive and encouraged by the support your sister is receiving and I'm sure we all want nothing but the best outcome.
Despite all the negatives reported by the press, of all our emergency services, I for one am grateful and reassured by such complimentary comment.
Wishing you and your sister well.

There is no disputing the commitment and care we receive from NHS medical staff at all levels. All those I ever see of many nationalities (and I see quite a few!) are frankly superb.

Unfortunately I don't have the same level of faith in the NHS to managers and their political masters, who created the many NHS problems by squeezing our money in order to recover the incredible losses made by our gambling bankers. The austerity cuts have bitten very deeply in the wrong areas. In my local area we now have no emergency service for children (we had the first death recently) and emergencies for children and prenatal are only available in the county hospital - half an hour away if have access to a car. My town has a population c.85K. This is not only disgraceful but if commercial rules applied, the customers would go elsewhere. Apart from the fact that we have paid or are paying for these essential services going elsewhere is not an option for most - especially a sick kiddy! Additionally, Brexit has resulted in so much uncertainty that many foreign nationals are not coming to work and train in UK - according to the nursing Union we are now short of 40,000 nurses, which is frankly terrifying.

Our NHS is sacred and should be treated with the reverence it deserves

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
Talking to an old mate today about the NHS.His wife was a cardiac nurse in a big midlands hospital for years.

This is what he said:

The taxis are parked at East Midlands airport so that when the "tourists" arrive at the airport and "suddenly" get sick with serious heart problems they can be taken to Glenfield Heart Hospital, jump the queues and then fly home leaving the bills unpaid.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Talking to an old mate today about the NHS.His wife was a cardiac nurse in a big midlands hospital for years.

This is what he said:

The taxis are parked at East Midlands airport so that when the "tourists" arrive at the airport and "suddenly" get sick with serious heart problems they can be taken to Glenfield Heart Hospital, jump the queues and then fly home leaving the bills unpaid.

The NHS are missing a big income by not enforcing charges for all non NHS patients. No money, no operation. Harsh but necessary.
UK residents are charged in most other countries so its time we played hardball. Its about time the overstaffed management earnt their wage.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
The NHS are missing a big income by not enforcing charges for all non NHS patients. No money, no operation. Harsh but necessary.
UK residents are charged in most other countries so its time we played hardball. Its about time the overstaffed management earnt their wage.

Health tourism costs us millions and the fact is still happens is staggering

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom