Map updates

barry jones

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016, LWB W222 AMG Line S-Class S350d - W415 Citan Van too :)
When I bought my 2010 Facelifted S Class, I paid to get the latest updates done at the main dealer. This was in 2016 and the latest available at the time I think was a 2014 update.... and that was it. The last update available... so for a car costing in excess of 70 grand new, they stopped issuing map updates after 4 years... Before my crash in June when it was written off, I had been over to France and Belgium on numerous occasions and all the new roads around the port of Zeebrugge really made it throw a wobbler :)

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
I moved to Waze about 3 years ago, the live traffic updates seems to be almost instant & its free.
My wife was in hospital in Birmingham 18 months ago, & we live 20 miles outside. Over the period of a week it routed me by about 6 different routes, always avoiding traffic holdups.

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Hi I’m still under the factory warranty so free updates, probably why they don’t like doing them lol
Rich, this is map update was installed during my ‘B’ service in May 2019, and in June this year, they argued that this was the most up to date version. The lad also told me my car was out of warranty which ended 20th May 2020 and any further updates would now cost an additional 120 quid… I tried to explain that because of COVID-19 this was not the case and my car was still covered by the warranty because the dealership was closed because of COVID-19. Didn’t seem to cut any ice with them. Mike

OMD00036.jpeg

Last edited:

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Rich, this is map update was installed during my ‘B’ service in May 2019, and in June this year, they argued that this was the most up to date version. The lad also told me my car was out of warranty which ended 20th May 2020 and any further updates would now cost an additional 120 quid… I tried to explain that because of COVID-19 this was not the case and my car was still covered by the warranty because the dealership was closed because of COVID-19. Didn’t seem to cut any ice with them. Mike

View attachment 61476
It’s booked in on the 22mc October for the update after I gave them the part number

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good stuff Rich

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Then they need to download the later version!

There have been previous threads about dealers not having the latest version or being reluctant to update maps but you need to insist and call Mercedes Customer Services if the dealer continues to be difficult.
Result today I’ve had the sat nav update done after giving them the part number and I’ve got V14 2020 installed !

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Good stuff Rich

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Result today I’ve had the sat nav update done after giving them the part number and I’ve got V14 2020 installed !
Useful to know. Mine's booked in for a service in early November so I’ll make sure I get v14 then! Don’t suppose you have the part number for this version?

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 2020 220d Prem Plus
Hi I’m still under the factory warranty so free updates , probably why they don’t like doing them lol
Hi I’m still under the factory warranty so free updates , probably why they don’t like doing them lol

Do you have a Mercedes Me account, Live traffic etc?

If so, you can update the maps yourself. I have just updated the UK and France as that is all need.

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Do you have a Mercedes Me account, Live traffic etc?

If so, you can update the maps yourself. I have just updated the UK and France as that is all need.
You can do the updates yourself with the MBUX but the Comand NTG 5*2 it’s a dvd or a usb plug in done at the dealership

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have an 2019 E Class with Comand and did it last week!

No idea what the Comand version number is as I have only had the car for a week.

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
I have an 2019 E Class with Comand and did it last week!

No idea what the Comand version number is as I have only had the car for a week.
If yours is post 2018 you have the MBUX

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well it says Comand in the literature?

How can you easily tell the difference?

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Well it says Comand in the literature?

How can you easily tell the difference?
Because you can’t update maps on the NTG 5 online that’s a relatively new thing

you could have the below but not heard of them been able to update online
NTG5*5 was fitted to the new W213-E class and is replacing NTG5*2 as vehicles are face-lifted.

but anyway the Comand in mine is disk or usb update only you get free updates whilst in manufacturers warranty (3years) as well as all the Comand features

Last edited:

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If yours is post 2018 you have the MBUX

Okay I have checked the car and it says Comand, so agrees with the documention.

Comand.jpg

When I log into Mercedes Me on the laptop

Services.JPG

Map Update gives.......

MapsJPG.JPG

Then Clicking on Manual Update allows updating which countries you are after.

My UK and France now say....

UK.JPG

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Okay I have checked the car and it says Comand, so agrees with the documention.

View attachment 62324

When I log into Mercedes Me on the laptop

View attachment 62325

Map Update gives.......

View attachment 62326

Then Clicking on Manual Update allows updating which countries you are after.

My UK and France now say....

View attachment 62327

If you put your vin number into lastvin.com it will tell you which system you have but looking at your photo you have the wide screen which is new , i can’t do any updates from the Mercedes me like yours with the 2018 NTG 5*2

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom