Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 2020 220d Prem Plus
It does not recognize my VIN?

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Okay I have checked the car and it says Comand, so agrees with the documention.

View attachment 62324

When I log into Mercedes Me on the laptop

View attachment 62325

Map Update gives.......

View attachment 62326

Then Clicking on Manual Update allows updating which countries you are after.

My UK and France now say....

View attachment 62327
You have a later version than @richlumb and I have in our GLCs (NTG 5*2). There is no “Online Map Update” option on my Mercedes Me screen or app.

jimbg

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Estate 2020 220d Prem Plus
Just out of interest is there any menu that lists what version H/W and S/W is installed?

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
Just out of interest is there any menu that lists what version H/W and S/W is installed?

most comand systems have Eng. menu option hidden away.... you need to be sensible - don't edit settings you don't understand.

check youtube for how to, or you could try long left nudge (10 seconds or so) when the comand focus is showing "settings"

OP
B

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
I would wait

the M4 has been dug up form J5 to J10 and every bridge is being relocated to the side by circa 25m with new slip roads leading to and from. Many mercs didn't get an update LY. Either Merc gave up or they are waiting (but that will prob be 18 months away... however might as well get 2022 maps rather than the "old ones"

we ought to have new mapping released any second.... Aug is about the std. release date but seems to take till sept before we see them Watch out for dealers they are all crooks....

as for 3 to 4 hours yes very normal and other fixes on the comand unit worth having (caveat be aware of audio camera warning is turned off on some)

Well I did wait and MB Exeter assure me it will be V14 so thanks for the advice. It will be £117 inc. VAT it seems. I hope it is better than their Traffic system which seems to be from TomTom but doesn't seem to be as good as on my ageing TomTom device. The MB system seems woefully inaccurate on ETA and doesn't ask if you want an alternative route.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
always best to do map updates after Sept and before Jan (or you are just buying 2 year old info). You mention an interesting idea, time of arrival is always 100% as it readjusts an route (time from original start of journey it may clearly change)

a number of things impact that

I wonder if you don't have the journey type set to the most sensible, does the ETA start life in a different place? Maybe if you don't use whatever they call the best route (fastest with auto redirection) it calculates only off one way? And of course there's no way 3 year old map data has the right speed limits and doesn't know about this week's fake roadworks, or the latest round of the Nazi council's vendetta to close the roads car drivers bought and paid for.

Using google maps may seem efficient but as is clearly very obvious - google sells it back to the councils / government to block off roads where you could once make good progress - get those tax dodgers back in their hamster cages - clearly works - shame I still have an EU passport, they didn't spot that one

Last edited:
OP
B

bc100

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S205 C250 BluTec Estate 2014
always best to do map updates after Sept and before Jan (or you are just buying 2 year old info). You mention an interesting idea, time of arrival is always 100% as it readjusts an route (time from original start of journey it may clearly change)

a number of things impact that

I wonder if you don't have the journey type set to the most sensible, does the ETA start life in a different place? Maybe if you don't use whatever they call the best route (fastest with auto redirection) it calculates only off one way? And of course there's no way 3 year old map data has the right speed limits and doesn't know about this week's fake roadworks, or the latest round of the Nazi council's vendetta to close the roads car drivers bought and paid for.

Using google maps may seem efficient but as is clearly very obvious - google sells it back to the councils / government to block off roads where you could once make good progress - get those tax dodgers back in their hamster cages - clearly works - shame I still have an EU passport, they didn't spot that one

I'll look at the settings a bit more closely. The initial ETA is always optimistic I feel and it jumps about a lot. I did come to trust the TomTom and I may try running both when I get the updates in a couple of weeks. I don't really want two screens in the car and I much prefer the zoom facility in Command.

Botus

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500/2010/500
zoom is awesome....

especially on major trips, I set mine with 30 to 50 miles of visibility… it's also why you need 3d / birds eye turned on

Woodleigh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S213 - AMG E 53 - 4MATIC - Premium Plus - Night Edition - Mild Hybrid Estate.
Rich, this is map update was installed during my ‘B’ service in May 2019, and in June this year, they argued that this was the most up to date version. The lad also told me my car was out of warranty which ended 20th May 2020 and any further updates would now cost an additional 120 quid… I tried to explain that because of COVID-19 this was not the case and my car was still covered by the warranty because the dealership was closed because of COVID-19. Didn’t seem to cut any ice with them. Mike

View attachment 61476
Anybody know what date V14 was issued

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom