New 4x4 Advice: GLE

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Apologies, I do realise I may have insulted some two tone black and porcelain seat owners! Honest, if I was brave enough I would have the same as you!

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Colour choice is a personal thing, we are all different. A mate of mine has a Gold W203 and he loves the colour, I think it is awful :rolleyes:

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Colour choice is a personal thing, we are all different. A mate of mine has a Gold W203 and he loves the colour, I think it is awful :rolleyes:
We had a chrome- gold S211, strange colour but quite handsome when paired with black wheels.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
Apologies, I do realise I may have insulted some two tone black and porcelain seat owners! Honest, if I was brave enough I would have the same as you!

No insult noted, it's part of the comraderie on here :D

There are leaders, and there are followers :D:D:cool::cool:

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
By way of update. Was due to collect this car early next week, but as per my other thread there has been an issue with MOT mileage on its first MOT...I cannot see it being rectified in time...not sure how quickly VOSA or whoever has the power will sort thus, so am now looking for another car in the anticipation that they could leave me hanging for weeks.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
By way of update. Was due to collect this car early next week, but as per my other thread there has been an issue with MOT mileage on its first MOT...I cannot see it being rectified in time...not sure how quickly VOSA or whoever has the power will sort thus, so am now looking for another car in the anticipation that they could leave me hanging for weeks.

Wasn't a Brilliant Blue with black/porcelain interior pointed out at some point in this thread :geek::rolleyes::D:D:D

You did say in the future you would be brave, and the future has arrived :D:D:D:D:D

Good luck on whichever one you get, they are a good car :D

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Well the fun continues...just this afternoon the below pops up...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009173849379

However, on further research it appears it has 'never' been serviced or MOTd (yes I checked the MOT history).

The miles are very low. Very appealingly low. How would I know if that is genuine?

Spec wise, it ticks every box for me including the Night Pack which the first car did not have.

Of course no MB warranty and to get one I guess I need to get it a full MB service and then hope they will warranty it, they still may not. The seller tells me he will warranty it for one year, his own garage's backed warranty. He sounds geniune on the telephone.

Happy to hear thoughts!

(I must admit I have been now searching for Cavansite Blue cars too, you guys are turning me to the dark side, although I could not handle Brilliant at this stage)

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Well the fun continues...just this afternoon the below pops up...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202009173849379

However, on further research it appears it has 'never' been serviced or MOTd (yes I checked the MOT history).

The miles are very low. Very appealingly low. How would I know if that is genuine?

Spec wise, it ticks every box for me including the Night Pack which the first car did not have.

Of course no MB warranty and to get one I guess I need to get it a full MB service and then hope they will warranty it, they still may not. The seller tells me he will warranty it for one year, his own garage's backed warranty. He sounds geniune on the telephone.

Happy to hear thoughts!

(I must admit I have been now searching for Cavansite Blue cars too, you guys are turning me to the dark side, although I could not handle Brilliant at this stage)
4 years old and never serviced... can you not hear the alarm bells?

“He sounds genuine on the phone” he’s a used car salesman he’ll be nicer than Mother Teresa when he’s selling you a car...

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
4 years old and never serviced... can you not hear the alarm bells?

“He sounds genuine on the phone” he’s a used car salesman he’ll be nicer than Mother Teresa when he’s selling you a car...
I know my post reads very naive but he genuinely sounded not like a used car salesman. He was the business owner...

I did ask the direct question. 4 years without service or MOT how do you know it is genuine mileage, he had a go at an explanation. To be fair the car looks brand new so I can believe the mileage.

Anyway, thanks for the much needed reality check...the search continues...

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I know my post reads very naive but he genuinely sounded not like a used car salesman. He was the business owner...

I did ask the direct question. 4 years without service or MOT how do you know it is genuine mileage, he had a go at an explanation. To be fair the car looks brand new so I can believe the mileage.

Anyway, thanks for the much needed reality check...the search continues...
Why has it been serviced?
Mercedes work on ~15k miles or annual servicing. As it’s not done the miles it should still have had 3 or 4 services according to Mercedes...
Brake fluid should have been changed every 2 years...
It will look amazing, it might give problems down the line for not being used and not being serviced.
Lack of use is one of the biggest killers of cars and what state is the AdBlue system in? Has the urea crystallised up?

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Why has it been serviced?
Mercedes work on ~15k miles or annual servicing. As it’s not done the miles it should still have had 3 or 4 services according to Mercedes...
Brake fluid should have been changed every 2 years...
It will look amazing, it might give problems down the line for not being used and not being serviced.
Lack of use is one of the biggest killers of cars and what state is the AdBlue system in? Has the urea crystallised up?
I also made the point that I service my cars annually regardless of mileage and was told you are probably the inky one who does that! I did point out that is the MB recommendation.

OK...enough said! 7k miles is just very compelling but as you say could actually create more hassle.

The search continues...

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
I also made the point that I service my cars annually regardless of mileage and was told you are probably the inky one who does that! I did point out that is the MB recommendation.

OK...enough said! 7k miles is just very compelling but as you say could actually create more hassle.

The search continues...
One way around it is to ask if for it to be serviced at MB as part of the deal.. see the reaction..only a thought if you like it enough...

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
One way around it is to ask if for it to be serviced at MB as part of the deal.. see the reaction..only a thought if you like it enough...
Did consider that. But would that tell me mileage is genuine?

I am sure MB would take the c. £500 and service it with no issue.

Timeandleisure

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2003 R230, E400d 4MATIC Coupe 2021
Did consider that. But would that tell me mileage is genuine?

I am sure MB would take the c. £500 and service it with no issue.
I would think if it has been serviced at MB when new... seems likely.. they would have records and so anything unusual might come up...It’s down to trust I guess... if they seem fine with risking their money on a sale that might not go through.. then that’s something.. or just a superbluff and see who blinks first... In any case the car is crying out for a service... it’s a kind thing to consider :)

OP
T

ThinkPad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E W212; C W204
Car 2 we are talking about has NEVER been serviced in it's lifetime. MB or otherwise. It is 7000 miles and 4 years old...i think I will be passing on it.

Car 1, we still don't have resolution on the MOT mileage issue!

All this headache is making me want to buy a new model!

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
But will a new one come with a free dog? :D:eek:

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is a Brilliant Blue one available there too. With black interior, so part way for you :geek::rolleyes::D:D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom