Search results

1. T

W124 Remote locking key fob

The remote-locking key fob for my W124 (E280 estate, 1995) has stopped working. I tried replacing the batteries but to no avail. Do I need to get a new key from Mercedes? = or are there other possible - and cheaper - remedies?
  2. T

Changes to fuel / E10

Now that 'ordinary' unleaded fuel is no longer available in the UK, having been replaced by E10 (containing a percentage of bioethanol), can anyone confirm or otherwise that E10 is safe to use in my 1995 W124 E280 estate, please? The government's website suggests that it's OK, but expresses...
  3. T

Key fob replacement W124 (95)

The single push-button for remote door-locking/unlocking on my W124 key fob is working only intermittently; so I have purchased a non-OEM key fob in the expectation of either being able to install the existing circuit board and battery holder into the new casing, or just using the new switch in...
  4. T

W124 auto gearbox noise

W124 E280 1995 auto estate: I'm getting what I can only describe as a whining noise coming, I think from the gearbox when the car is on the move. The noise changes in pitch as the car accelerates, becoming less noticeable when it's cruising in top. The noise also occurs under deceleration. Any...
  5. T

W124 clunking noise, front suspension/steering

I'm getting a 'clunking' sound (nearest best description) at the front RHS end on my '95 E280 W124 estate (120k mileage) when going over severe speed bumps (at low speed), sudden braking or acceleration from standstill, or turning at mid/near full-lock (low speed). The noise is intermittent...
  6. T

Changing from W124 K-reg estate to C-class

My 1993 K-reg W124 220TE estate now has 204k miles on the clock, authentic rust bubble on the front wing and a collection of minor scratches and small car-park dents on the bodywork. Oh, and the automatic gear box is starting to be a bit awkward (takes a long time to change up to 4th; and change...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom