Search results

1. Richard Moakes

SL600 r230 ABC oil leak

Hi Peter, it’s likely that only a Mercedes dealer will be able to supply a pipe, or a good hydraulic supplier might be able to repair it with a section of flexible high pressure hose.
  2. Richard Moakes

W221/C216 Transmission Oil Cooler

The clip that holds the transmission cooler lines to the radiator tank has a bolt that is pretty much impossible to remove with the pack in the car. Pre-assembly seemed the only sensible choice and was no doubt how it was done in the factory. Other issues you may encounter, the AC line fitting...
  3. Richard Moakes

W221/C216 Transmission Oil Cooler

Hi Robin, I did replace them myself, but it ended up being a replacement of the radiator and condenser as well. The pipes wrap around the side of the radiator and I couldn’t find a way to remove them without removing the condenser and radiator. Once I removed them, it was obvious they had seen...
  4. Richard Moakes

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

It’s powered by electrons isn’t it?
  5. Richard Moakes

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

Cough, cough, I have an obsessively maintained C216 that might beg to differ :cool:
  6. Richard Moakes

That’s my standard process, if something has failed, the others won’t be far behind, so replace them all, less long term stress
  7. Richard Moakes

[C216] - Checked sunroof drains, thankfully flowing nicely.
  8. Richard Moakes

A brake service is likely to have moved the cables for the WSS, if any of the wires were weak then it’s probable that was the final straw and caused them to fail. In my experience a failed WSS on a 216 causes the car to melt down with lots of warnings but it does not cause a failure to...
  9. Richard Moakes

C216 which is a 2 door W221 has a reputation for failing starter motors, I plan to change mine preventatively before it fails on me.
  10. Richard Moakes

Introducing myself, a W140 S600 owner.

Welcome, always glad to see people with the v12 disease join the forum. I have it too, but so far have managed to resist moving up from v8 to v12.
  11. Richard Moakes

[C216] - 500 miles of M5/M42/M1 visiting my Dad, crazy weather and traffic, glad to be home
  12. Richard Moakes

A couple of C63’s, exceptional in AMG terms would have been a GT or an older pre-merger car. The supercars were nice to see, Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren 720s, plenty of Astons and a good selection of Porsche’s. Lots of Barry boy Calibra’s and Hondas too [emoji1787]
  13. Richard Moakes

[C216] - Took it out for a spin up to Sparkford and the Haynes Breakfast Meet. Lots of boy racers and a few supercars; the odd AMG but nothing exceptional
  14. Richard Moakes

Difficult Decision

Which car do you look back at the most when you park up and walk away? That’s the one to keep! V12 is the better long term investment, if you keep it original and immaculate condition, but cars are there to be driven and experienced on an emotional level not just as a piece of art increasing in...
  15. Richard Moakes

Rust protection

Dynax UC - clear Dynax UB - black Dynax S50 - cavity wax Brilliant stuff, better protection and easier to apply than Waxoyl
  16. Richard Moakes

https://www.chippernut.com/blog/o2-simulator#/
  17. Richard Moakes

Money light is on, is it upset at going so slow? :p
  18. Richard Moakes

Cant Identify My R129 Suspension

Hi Graham, You sound like a man with the talent and determination to sort this, that’s the most important thing before we even turn a spanner. Lack of return fluid is an issue, the tandem power steering and suspension pump has no electronic control in ADS1, so there is a continuous flow of...
  19. Richard Moakes

Next time it’s dry, I am going to spray the terminals by the battery and fuse box with ACF-50, never thought of using it for that
  20. Richard Moakes

Cant Identify My R129 Suspension

I would not disconnect that pipe, it should only be done when changing the front struts. How much does the car mean to you? How would you rate your spannering ability? I ask this, as sorting it out is likely to be expensive if you need a mechanic to do it, or will take time and methodical...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom