Search results

1. tode

Certificate Of Conformity for A Car Coming From California To France

Just one other point: the registration of a car coming from a non-EU country can only be done on the internet, using the ANTS service (beware expensive look-alike sites ! ). To give you an idea of what you need to give, here is the list: ANTS IMMATRICULATION But of course first you must get...
  2. tode

Certificate Of Conformity for A Car Coming From California To France

Hi. You'll have to write to Mercedes France and order one - cost 200€ and 6-7 weeks delay. BUT before you can order it, you'll have to have the car inspected in an MB garage (dealer) to check that the car meets the French Highway Code, especially the lights and the Distronic. They will provide...
  3. tode

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

But, as you say, they seem to be out of their depth here . . .
  4. tode

I simply cannot believe that an "auto electrical wizard" would tell you that a 350 Bluetec only has one battery ! (Posts 175 and 177). Your MB Centre doesn't seem to know what they're doing with this car and are just throwing parts at it. Until you get it to a recommended (on here) Indie or...
  5. tode

If you have a 2011 Bluetec (which I believe is the case), then you will certainly have two batteries. I really think you should find another garage.
  6. tode

I'm not quite sure what you mean . . . you do have 2 batteries, don't you ?
  7. tode

Stuck and broken coolant temp sensor (OM642) nightmare

^^^^ I would think that there must be something holding the sensor in - I can't imagine that it was just shoved in the hole when first mounted . . .
  8. tode

W221 vs W222 better buy long term

To tell the truth, I only tried the A8 to have something to discuss with MB . . .;)
  9. tode

W221 vs W222 better buy long term

When we were looking at cars we tried an E class, an A8 and the 221 all on the same day and the 221 won hands-down closely followed by the A8. The comfort seats are what made the difference with the A8.
  10. tode

I've just re-read this from the first page and I think you should find another garage - preferably an Indie recommended on here or, failing that, to Mercedes. Even if you have to travel, it would be worth it to get it sorted. I can understand that you're getting pipped off with the car, but the...
  11. tode

DVD Movie not playing in Mercedes-Benz W204 2010

All DVD players should play "Zone 0" discs as well as those of the region. I have no problem playing my DVDs in the car. Maybe you should look into your burning set-up and make sure that it's set to zone 0 (or 2 if you want to limit it to Europe). hth
  12. tode

DVD Movie not playing in Mercedes-Benz W204 2010

I presume you are in the UK - in which case region 2 is correct for DVDs sold in the UK. You should also be able to play your home-burned DVDs which are (normally) zone 0.
  13. tode

Possible EV.

By selling your car and insisting on cash payment . . . ?
  14. tode

S600 W221 headlight

Just a detail - if you have night vision, then you'll have a switch for it. And you can't use 'night vision' in the daytime (unlike the Audi system).
  15. tode

Tyre wear and how far do you get on a set of tyres

On my S class, I get 46000+ miles from a set of 4 (back and front), using Michelin Primacy.
  16. tode

Strange Event trying to lock the car

I had a similar experience - I believe it happened because I switched off and removed the key too quickly. Has never happened again.
  17. tode

I would be thinking about finding another garage . . .
  18. tode

New E300e with M254 engine

Hello, I've been looking at a new E300e which has the 254 petrol engine - has anyone got any news about it (good or bad), particularly the engine ? I'm trying to down-size a bit from the current 221 without losing too much comfort.
  19. tode

W221 passenger footwell carpet wet after a drive?

You can always clean out leaves etc from under the hood, at the base of the windscreen. . . Have you got a compressor ? If so, I'd try clearing the drains with air, rather than poking about with wire / tubing.
  20. tode

Correct MB spec for a battery for 2002 build C270?

Hi Drivencrazy, If you post up your car's VIN, then someone on here with EPC can give you the exact battery reference ( I no longer have EPC). If I were you, I'd go to your local MB and get the correct battery from them (probably Bosch). From my experience, it serves no useful purpose putting...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom