Search results

1. R

Advice, please, re buying S-class, 2010 or so or newer

I definitely do not want exhaust noise, and the sub 5 second 0-60 of the S500 is more than enough for me! But... ...the idea of a V12 appeals (I had a Daimler Double Six for many years). The trouble is that the S500 listed above is £25k and an S 600 in the latest model range is around £45k...
  2. R

Great commercials indeed! So the ad for the 500 says it has MBC, looking up the VIN just says ABC. I'm blowed if I know where that leaves me, short of going to see the car. I want to do as much as possible from my keyboard, I've been to see too many misrepresented cars before. Again, thanks...
  3. R

Of 3 cars I've got VINs for now, all have ABC, only one claims to have Magic Body Control in its advert. Do all latest-model cars with ABC also have Magic Body Control? Surely not, MBC is an option, isn't it?
  4. R

Hmm. The advert says 'magic body control' but the data from the VIN (using lastVIN.com) says '487 ABC SUSPENSION (ACTIVE BODY CONTROL) ' and no mention of 'MAGIC'. Wikipedia says the two are different. What, please, am I missing?
  5. R

Yes that does look nice, and not so far to go to see it. Got the VIN from them 1 minute after emailing :)
  6. R

I knew the models were different, but not what that actually means. I had hoped you all would say 'yeah, the old one is fine, save your money', but it looks like (thank you for the comments, all) that's not going to fly.
  7. R

Thanks for the 2 great suggestions. 1st 2014 6.0 S600 AMG Line L 7G-Tronic Plus, 100k, miles £30k, 2nd 2010 5.5 S600 L, 37k, miles £24k. My guess is that I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in how they would drive? If so, then for me the 2010 is a no-brainer choice because of the low...
  8. R

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a prejudice against 4 seats and 2 doors. Also the car is actually wider than the S, so no gain there. May as well go the whole hog, I think.
  9. R

Thanks for some great suggestions. It seems you favour the more upmarket options, but on an older car to stay within budget. Later cars have (obviously) more technology. Magic Body Control, for instance, is available from 2013 (I think). Would an older S65 (as above) be as smooth as a later...
  10. R

Aha, that's what I was after, thank you. I wonder how likely it is I'll get the VIN from a retailer before I go to see the car :) I'll have to try that. I've googled getting the VIN from the reg no and got several hints, none of which work any more. Is there a way to do it, please? I'm...
  11. R

There are so many models and options, so much technology, that I am stuck for choice. - Budget to a max of maybe 35k - Objectives are smoothness and quietness rather than outright performance - No diesels - Petrol consumption not really an issue, my annual mileage is not high. - I am...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom