Search results

1. H

W221 Front Parking Sensor Replacement

Hello! My parking sensors have started to stop working intermittently. I am getting the following error when scanning using iCarSoft MB II: - 9009 B8/3 (Inner left front PTS ultrasonic sensor): Sensor is faulty. Current and stored. According to some youtube video comments, a lot of people have...
  2. H

Bad battery, alternator or voltage regulator?

Hey guys, sorry to bring this thread back. I have finally had the time to replace the big auxiliary battery in the boot and I'm still getting the same issue. I replaced the old Varta AGM unit with a new Bosch AGM that had the same Ah and CCA rating. It will randomly drop from 14.4v to 12.4v...
  3. H

Yes I have a second smaller battery in the engine compartment which I believe is only used for the starter. Explains why there is no voltage drop when cranking the engine. I will look into load testing big auxiliary battery and alternator. Thank you.
  4. H

Hi everyone, have a 2007 W221 S320 CDI with 62k miles. Big auxiliary battery in boot went flat for 1-2 weeks as car had engine problem and was left unstarted as being repaired for 2 months. Car running again and starts and drives fine for past few weeks but I am intermittently getting the red...
  5. H

OM642 Misfire and White Smoke

Far from it, mate! I decided to try my luck, I was certain that the rocker arms must have broken when cranking as opposed to driving at speed as symptoms occurred straight after changing pump. As a last resort before considering a cylinder head replacement, I decided to replace the rocker arms...
  6. H

It’s as Uncle Benz said, I think pump was fitted wrongly and bent camshaft pulley slightly. However, I have checked the timing and the intake and exhaust camshafts line up (timing is correct). I think it may have been in the moment of first starting after diesel pump fitted that the incorrectly...
  7. H

Thanks guys, I'll have a look tomorrow morning in daylight. I'll confirm but it looked like the intake cam gear was slightly bent as it didn't mesh evenly with the exhaust cam gear or the diesel pump. If the rocker arms are broken, is it worth performing a leak down test to determine whether...
  8. H

Was so busy this week, only got to remove the valve cover tonight. Looks like all the intake valves are broken :(
  9. H

Yes, double checked and had a friend look with me. All bolts are removed from the valve cover.
  10. H

Got all the way to removing all the valve cover bolts but it won’t budge no matter what I do. Is there a special tool or procedure for removing the valve cover? Thanks.
  11. H

The cam is moving for cylinders 1,2,3 but I’ll found out about 4,5,6 after taking the valve cover off. Although, if the chain isn’t stretched and timing is ok for 1,2,3 it’s hard to imagine how it wouldn’t be for 4,5,6. Immediately after starting the car with the high pressure fuel pump replaced...
  12. H

Yes I am extremely suspicious as cylinders 4,5,6 are on the same side as the high pressure diesel pump. Valve cover will come off today and we’ll see if anything obvious, I’ll check the timing then move on to the head if nothing obvious. When cylinder 1,2,3 valve cover was removed to time the...
  13. H

It's oil. The EGR was also drenched in oil. Cylinders 4,5,6 no compression. Cylinders 1,2,3 compression ok 30bars. I guess the cylinder head is coming off. Still don't understand what happened...
  14. H

Hello, I think you mean if the injectors were still in place and this happened but this is happening with the injectors removed.
  15. H

Removed all the injectors, tried to do a compression test but unfortunately my kit didn't have the right adaptor. Anyone know a link to the correct injector compression adaptor for mercedes? What is strange is I removed the fuel pump relay and tried to crank it with the injectors off and I see...
  16. H

Hi Alex, the values for the relative compression test were posted on the previous page, I have copied them below: Cylinder 1 - 179 min-1 Cylinder 2 - 173 min-1 Cylinder 3 - 172 min-1 Cylinder 4 - 164 min-1 Cylinder 5 - 271 min-1 Cylinder 6 - 176 min-1
  17. H

Yes, I know, but I also paid a lot at the Indy (10 hours) and it's still the same and been off the road for over a month. It's been frustrating and difficult not having the car running. Just trying something different as I feel a little helpless. I did not have much confidence in the Indy as...
  18. H

I've had it towed to the main dealers who'll be doing a proper compression test next week. The relative/comparative compression test was already performed at the Indy last month which showed a difference in cylinder 5.
  19. H

Injectors 4/5 swapped over and it’s still misfiring on cylinder 5 :(
  20. H

Hi, the car was run with the Y-pipe removed in previous video shown, gases coming out of the breather hose seemed normal. Also removed oil filler cap while running to assess blowby - would these eliminate crankcase breather issues? The EGR I tried to check it last year but it was stuck on there...
Top Bottom