Search results

1. I

C320 2003

Thanks both
  2. I

C320 2003

A 320 Avant Garde 2003 saloon model with 54k on the clock one owner has come up for sale at a near local dealer - asking £3k plus for it A good buy - or should I run for the hills ? I cannot locate any meaningful reviews for this particular model Pro's and Con's would be appreciated
  3. I

Internal roof light

Thanks for the various responses Still drawing a blank, the internal roof light does not activate from any of the 4 doors Could this be a clue as to the problem being with the electronic system in the car ?
  4. I

Internal roof light

On my C180k Classic SE 2004 WDC2030... 66000 miles, the internal roof light does not come on when the doors are opened. However, the light(s) can be manually switched on There does not appear to be limit switches in the car doors, so uncertain as to how the internal light senses that the door...
  5. I

C180K Classic SE Automatic Gearbox

Thank you all for the various responses The ATF was changed with new filter etc, and the auto gear box is now functioning correctly
  6. I

Car was purchased in March this year and had a full service, the garage advised that the ATF and filter would require changing upon it's next service. I've only done approx. 1k miles since then all around town driving Checking the MB service record the ATF and filter was last changed at 45000...
  7. I

On my C180k Classic SE 2004 WDC2030... 66000 miles, I experience today when pulling away from a petrol station that the auto gearbox stayed in low gear and would not change up I stopped the car, put it into neutral and drive away again with the gearbox changing up as normal I've noticed...
  8. I

Windscreen scoring

I did raise this with a windscreen replacement company (obtaining one from a breaker yard) but they would not consider
  9. I

Windscreen scoring

No signs of any crack - just shallow scoring
  10. I

Windscreen scoring

Recently acquired C180 Komp SE 54 reg came with windscreen scoring covering complete semi circle arc on drivers side The scoring is not deep but looks unsightly I have been advised that an expensive complete windscreen replacement is required, and uncertain as to whether my insurers...
  11. I

Frosted Headlights

Recently acquired C180 SE Komp 54 reg 65k miles FSH had continental headlight beam plastic deflectors, and the gum residue still persists on the lens. The lens themselves are frosted anyway, and T Cut, WD 40 etc has not removed the gum residue or the frosting - if anything it has made them...
  12. I

Suspension Creaking

The car had it's MOT just 4 weeks ago and passed with no advisories - so a worn ball joint should had been picked up ! The MOT was done via the dealer just before I purchased the car ….
  13. I

Gear Selector Surround

Thank you useful information I've found a car breaker who appears to have this part available , so it may be a straight swop Will know more then I see the surround
  14. I

Suspension Creaking

My recently acquired C180 Classic SE 54 registration has creaking noises from underneath The car has just had it's B service by an independent garage, and the mechanic said that he had sprayed the bushes etc whilst it was up on the ramp However, the creaking still persists The car has done...
  15. I

Gear Selector Surround

The automatic gear selector surround on my C180 Classic SE 54 reg has come loose due to the retaining clips underneath being broken off . Can this part be easily replaced without having to change the entire gear mechanism ?
  16. I

Thank you It does not appear to come off completely, but lifts up approx. 1/4 inch, it does appear that a clip on the drivers side has broken off The car had it's B service yesterday, and the service garage said that the whole assembly needs replacing a high cost - but are they correct, as |I...
  17. I

Thank you for that The car had it's B service yesterday, and I mentioned to the service garage that there were "creaking" sounds from underneath . The garage sprayed the bushes and other relevant parts whilst it was up on the ramp with the wheels off - but the creaking still persists Any...
  18. I

Very recently acquired a C180 Classic SE Komp 54 plate 65k Can anyone advise of this cars "W" type number The car is in good order with full service history but the automatic gear lever "surround indicator" plate which indicates the gears etc has come loose Is there a quick fix ?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom