Search results

1. M

Tailgate lock yellow cable

I had to replace my tailgate lock (E Class 2003 estate). The replacement part has one red control cable whereas the old has a red and a yellow one. All seems to work fine but I'm wondering what the yellow cable is for. Mine is the 7 seater version so I'm thinking it might be something to do with...
  2. M

Tailgate lining/cover fitting

I have just successfully replaced my estate tailgate lock mechanism (s211 k200 2003 estate). I had to of course remove the plastic trim and then the stiff fabric liner to get at the lock. all good. trouble is now i cannot get the liner back on. there are half a dozen or so clips that have to...
  3. M

7 Seats to 5 conversion

Right, sorted! Get a big screwdriver and lever the seat off from the base. It is held on by half a dozen or so clips. The space I now have is very useful for stowing gear (and believe me I have a lot of it!).
  4. M

Tailgate won't close

Removed the chrome profile and still no good, i.e. lock not engaging electrically. Sounds like the gears are slipping inside. Probably not repairable so will either have to use manual closing or buy new part.
  5. M

Tailgate won't close

Just tried to close my tailgate. Can hear the motorised closing device working but doesn't engage. On inspection have found the long chrome profile at the forward edge of the boot area raised a little. Looking closer it seems not to be engaged in its clips (at the front) and refuses to do so...
  6. M

7 Seats to 5 conversion

Yes, agreed! I can remove the seat and the remaining "well" would be very useful, however I really want to remove the actual upholstery and then replace the panel otherwise it will look a mess. Ideal thing would be to find a plain panel (from a 5 seater) on ebay but haven't seen one yet...
  7. M

7 Seats to 5 conversion

Hi all. I've just bought a 2003 S211 E200 Kompressor Estate. It's a 7 seater but I'd really rather not have the seats and use the storage space instead. There seems no way to access the fixings for the seat (haven't even looked at the backrest yet but if I can at least remove the seat bit it...
  8. M

Unsure where to start.

OK Thanks
  9. M

Unsure where to start.

Hi all. I've just bought a 2003 S211 E200 Kompressor Estate. It's a 7 seater but I'd really rather not have the seats and use the storage space instead. There seems no way to access the fixings for the lower seat (haven't even looked at the backrest yet). Seems I can't post on technical threads...
Top Bottom