Search results

1. Bay Leaf

What products do you use on / in your SL for upkeep?

Krytox ( I think I've spelt it right ) is better as it lasts longer but it's expensive.
  2. Bay Leaf

Indicator Fault.

Yes it does have the flasher in the mirrors but they are the originals and as I say its an intermittent fault it. There are no fault codes, and on the dash it will say rear indicator fault. If I put the hazard warning lights on everything works as it should .
  3. Bay Leaf

Indicator Fault.

Help required. I have a 2013 SL 350 R231 when indicating right sometimes the dash light flashes quicker than o/s rear indicator ( the same scenario as a blown bulb ) but the lights are LED and all working correctly front and rear. I have checked and cleaned all connections to the light but the...
  4. Bay Leaf

Automatic Gearbox Service

I have tried to get to the bottom of which box is in my 2013 SL with stop start. The trans No is 72290604302635 which I'm led to believe is 7G not 7G+ I have read conflicting post's on this. Can anyone confirm which box I have. I did have the service done at 34.260 miles in 2020 by an Indi for...
  5. Bay Leaf

Short rattle on start when cold - 2009 SLK280

If you are referring to my post about the Shell oil ( which you may not be ) but is rated as one of, if not the best oil on the market. It's now the go to oil for Ferrari.
  6. Bay Leaf

Automatic Gearbox Service

Speaking of Diff's I had a 2004 S Type Jag and that only had a filler plug so I used to suck the old oil out with a syringe and refill. Jaguar also say the gearbox is sealed for life, I had mine changed twice over the eleven years of ownership by an Independent garage.
  7. Bay Leaf

Camshaft sensor

I changed all four of my sensors for MB ones as the original ones have a fault which allows oil to travel through the sensor into the wiring loom. It's worth checking yours just in case. The VVT actuators can have the same problem but mine were ok. It's worth checking them periodically...
  8. Bay Leaf

Short rattle on start when cold - 2009 SLK280

I had a slight rattle on my 2013 SL 350 32000 Mls when started after a period of time and sometimes when warm. I started using Shell Helix Ultra engine oil about three years ago, it hasn't rattled since. It has an additive called Tackifiers ( look it up on Google )
  9. Bay Leaf

R231 SL400 vs SL500 - any advice please

Engine cc's these days on all models of cars don't seem to correspond with the badging. Example my 2013 SL 350 has a 3.5 Ltr engine. The later 350 has a 3.0 Ltr twin turbo charged engine. A friend of mine has a late 500 S class with a 4.7 Ltr twin turbo engine. I know I've digressed here...
  10. Bay Leaf

starter motor CL500 M273 also M272 engines

Yes I've read that somewhere (can't think where) a while ago. Very ingenious on Mercedes part. Not sure if my 2013 350 SL with the 276 engine has it though. I do use it very occasionally and the engine does seem to re start very quickly so maybe it has. How would I check.
  11. Bay Leaf

starter motor CL500 M273 also M272 engines

MB and other car makers state that starter motor etc etc are beefed up to take the extra strain, but I'm with you. Thats why I turn off my stop start every time I go anywhere.
  12. Bay Leaf

Fumes In Cabin - 4 Garages Have Said The Car Is Perfect

Are there any flexi joints on the exhaust system. sometimes they can be fractured but no blowing noise is present. I used to run a Jaguar V6 diesel and it was a common problem with them.
  13. Bay Leaf

Fuel filter

HI does anyone know where the fuel filter is situated on my 2013 SL350. Sorry I've just realised I've previously posted this, but I don't know how to delete it :mad:
  14. Bay Leaf

Fuel filter

Anyone out there know where the fuel filter is located on a 2013 R231 SL350
  15. Bay Leaf

Possible EV.

I am yes. You can make your own mind up.
  16. Bay Leaf

Possible EV.

You are 100% correct with that.
  17. Bay Leaf

Engine over heated

Cataclean I think that's how you spell it can be got off internet and also Euro Car Parts and probably many other outlets. It works. Google it. :)
  18. Bay Leaf

Intermittent Engine Rattle

Sorry John for the late reply the the oil is 5w40 fully synthetic.
  19. Bay Leaf

Intermittent Engine Rattle

I now use Shell helix ultra engine oil and the noise has stopped. It has an additive called tackifiers' which is basically an adhesive. It's probably the best oil on the market, although not cheap. Ferrari use it in there V12 engines to alleviate rattle on start up. Google it you'll be amazed.
  20. Bay Leaf

Engine over heated

When you say it wouldn't start, was the engine turning over. If it was it could just need codes reading and cancelling. If it wasn't turning over there could be more serious issues ie engine seizure.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom