500sl

1. W

1993 500SL - Litany of symptoms - All to do with OVP Relay?

Hi all, I have a 1992 build (reg '93) R129 500SL (Jap import if that's relevant?) and it has recently acquired a number of irritating symptoms and issues that I would very much appreciate your advice on. I have searched through the forums as best I can and many of the symptoms point to the...
  2. D

R129 not starting

Hi all, i have a 1991 500sl that is refusing to start. It was put away for winter and started when first time when removed from storage. the second start it refused to start instead to back fired loudly. it would then run for 5 seconds and die out. any help appreciated
  3. J

Where can I get a replacement rear window?

I have a 1994 Mercedes 500sl and I need to get a new rear windscreen. Does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to get one, preferrably close to the midlands area?
  4. A

R129 Power Steering Pump Question

Hello, sorry if this sounds daft, but I have a question to ask reference the differences between 500SL (R129) power steering pumps. My car is registered as a 1993 model, but it appears to be the earlier pre-1993 model: - VIN - WDB1290662F061380 Engine - 11996022033843 Non-tandem pump model...
  5. BRABUS R230

500SL (R129) Central Locking Issue

Hi All, I have a 1991 500SL and I have had a non working central locking issue,Ibelive it is a pump issue which is located in the boot near the battery, I have not yet attempted to remove itas it looks very difficult to do so, does anybody know how difficult ut is to remove as I have to take it...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom