w129

1. R

Hi

Pleased to meet you. I plan to restore my 91' w129, 300sl for use this summer. I'm certain to be in touch for tips and maybe even spares! Cheers Rafa
  2. B

Some advice and help please

Hi all. I own a '91 plate Sl500 and have done for the last 15 years. It started as my main car but for the last 5 years has just been a summer car SORNed for the winter and covered. In this time the inevitable corrosion and moisture have taken their toll and each year it costs more and more to...
  3. C

R129 vs W129

Is there a major difference between the R129 and W129. If yes is this just the reference to the facelift or is there no real difference? Hope tou can clarify for me?
  4. W

W129 Sl500 Backrest

The backrest release handle on my SL500 has stopped functioning. I am guessing that it is cable operated. How do I get into it to see what has broken? Do I have to remove the seat from the car? there is no obvious way to get at the seat internals:confused:
  5. M

Exhaust System for 300SL - non 24V

The exhaust on my 1990 W129 went recently and I couldnt find ANYONE who does a replacement other than Mercedes. All the Exhaust centres turned me away. Merceded wanted £Stupid+VAT. Anyway, I found a place in Germany that has original Mercedes Parts and they could ship one to me for around...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom