005 Sprinter 413CDI Leaking Coolant from Aircon Drain Hose

MinMin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
413CDI
2005 Sprinter 413CDI Leaking Coolant from Aircon Drain Hose at rear of engine.
It started as a drip and now I have to place a bottle under the hose to catch half a litre ever 100 kilometers.

I catch it and put it back in the radiator. Otherwise van is running fine. Radiator OK on a pressure test.

A mechanic tied off the heater-core hose but that made no difference.

Can anyone help please? J

pgh13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
Hi and welcome.
Don't want to insult your intelligence, but are you sure it isn't condensate from cooling the incoming air? it's really hot and quite humid at the moment so there will be quite a bit of moisture in the air which will be knocked out when cooled.
If you've had the cooling system pressure checked; does it seem to be losing coolant?

OP
M

MinMin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
413CDI
Hi and welcome.
Don't want to insult your intelligence, but are you sure it isn't condensate from cooling the incoming air? it's really hot and quite humid at the moment so there will be quite a bit of moisture in the air which will be knocked out when cooled.
If you've had the cooling system pressure checked; does it seem to be losing coolant?

Thanks for the reply but the GREEN COOLANT is leaking. I am not using the aircon. I am in Australia and have been driving in cool conditions as well as hot - day and night. A loss of half a litre (more than a pint in American) every 100 klms is hardly a matter of condensation.
Radiator was pressure tested and that is OK.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom