04 SL Reprogramming Issue

Tobias70

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 2004 350
Hi, has anyone ever had problems with reprogramming after the dreaded stuck in park issue? I have a 2004 SL350 with only 63k on it. 4 weeks ago it got stuck in park. My local indie replaced gear selector module & keyless go but it won't reprogram. The car is with dealer now but they can't find anything wrong. Please can someone help, so far forked out £860 and I am nowhere nearer getting my car back.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Who is your local indy? Startech?

According to members in the know, the ger selector module is plug and play and need no reprogramming?

What fault do you have now? Does the car start using the key instead of the keyless go feature?

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
When this fault starts, it can just do it on the odd occasion, mine did it once in Holland, never to do it again until 2 years later when I sold the car. You can buy the replacement part, rather than the whole gear shift at some £650

Mark@RMK

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.replacementmercedeskeys.co.uk
Your Mercedes
115CDi Vito
When you say it won't reprogram, what exactly do you mean?!

Do you mean the Selector will not personalise to the EIS (Ignition switch) ?

In this model, the selector holds the key codes so will only release from park if its sees a valid key. When a new one is fitted a procedure called Personalisation is performed and the EIS sends the key data to the ESM (Electronic Selector Module)

If the EIS has a fault the it will not beable to complete the process..

I can help if so..All I would need is the EIS and working key and the new ESM..

Thanks

Mark

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom