10.25 ANDROID 9 SCREEN HUALINGAN

NacNac

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C300H 2016 2.1l hybrud
Hi everyone,

I have had replaced by a professional my original entertainment screen of my w205 (with OEM 360 camera) from 2016 to have the 10.25" screen from Hualingan
I have had several issues which I struggle to have resolved and I am wondering if any of you have had similar issues and how it has been resolved.

1) When reserving the image of the rear camera appears for a second or so then the screen turns black from a second or so before the image reappears. When I switch from R to D to move forward the same happens. It does it regardless if I was using the screen in the Android mode or the Mercedes mode. This is really annoying as you start moving the car and suddenly you see nothing, so the reflex is to stop the car. Alternatively, I should start moving the car after this has happened. Do you imagine waiting for 3 to 4 seconds each time? It does not see a long time but please try.

2) Every so often the screen flashes a bright light. This is OK during day time but when you travel at night on roads with no street lights, I tend to keep my cockpit as dark as possible but when the screen very briefly flashes it is very disturbing. It is not as bright as a flash from a camera but it is annoying enough that I turn the display off so this is not occurring. The inconvenience is with the sat nav as I lose seeing the map.

3) Date and Time. The screen does not keep the date and time. That is, everytime I switch the engine back on the date and time is set to 2010, it then switches to 2017 until finally after a couple of minutes to the correct time. There is an option to force to keep the car time but it does,

4) When using the audio from the android screen, I must switch the car audio to auxiliary as the screen is connected to this port. So far ok. However, I have noticed a high pitch background noise. When the music is playing I tend not to hear it but when the music goes quiet or changes to the next song this is audible. This is not happening when using the OEM.

I have more issues I could report but these are the 4 tops.

I would really appreciate if you could share your experience as so far, I am not impressed with the screen nor with the response from the factory to resolve the issues. This has been going on for several months now (I reported the issues within days of having the screen). If I had installed it myself as you can see many youtube videos of guys telling you it is easy, I would have thought I have done something wrong but I paid a professional to do it. As far as he is concerned it is installed correctly

Thank you very much in anticipation for your time reading this post and hopefully share with me and the community your experience

Best regards

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I'd be taking it back to the professional.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Sounds to me a systemic/ cascade failure. +1 to Alastair’s suggestion. Also that swapping out car electronics ain’t nearly as easy & simple as people think.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom