124 eclass sportline ecu problem?

g60keith

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi there i was wondering if theres any technical people out there who know there stuff about electrical problems,my 320 eclass was running but not idling and then i had a little fire on the air mass loom, i have replaced the air mass and wiring looom to the affected area only but have no spark anymore to plugs,Question being have i ruined the ecu?and can it be tested /checkedsome how before replacing? i would appreciate any professional adviceregarding this sportline as i love the wagon

124coupe

Reaction score
I suspect your whole loom is gone. Did all this start after maintenance work (e.g. changing the plugs)?

The ECU<->coil wires can short out if the insulation has broken down and the ECU output stage(s) can be blown. Repair is possible by sending the ECU away but pointless if the loom is bad.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes I suspect that an ECU is damaged, there are firms that repair and test them, I take it that the car is about 1993 in build

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom