127mph and no ban?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
He knew the legal speed limit , he exceeded it massively . Should be criminal court at that speed because of what could have happened if someone had pulled out . Must have been in the same lodge as the judge .

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
My assumption is based on the levels of literacy I see in forums

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

A bit like your own posts with no punctuation.....

I guess a similar question is is it ok to remain in the 3rd lane with cars gaining on you if you are doing 70 mph as anyone wanting to pass you will be breaking the limit or should you move over to the 2nd/1st lane as the highway code dictates?

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
He knew the legal speed limit , he exceeded it massively . Should be criminal court at that speed because of what could have happened if someone had pulled out . Must have been in the same lodge as the judge .
I don't think a judge was involved.

sonic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI, SLC250d, FJR 1300
No Judge's in my Lodge!

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I bet he and his mate (the Magistrate) both had a seriously good laugh over dinner at the Golf Club afterwards!

4. ..................................
Bent Magistrate if you ask me.

There are serious consequences for bringing the integrity of the judicial system into question in such a public manner. The procedings in a Magistrates court are publicly recorded so the names of those on the bench can be ascertained. There are three magistrates on a bench and you are claiming that at least two of them are corrupt. Id consider what you post if I were you unless of course you have hard evidence that supports your claim in which case I suggest you write to the Lord chancellor. He of course though may write to you before then.......

But if we have a Law, then it should be the same for rich or poor!
Except the fines should be linked to real earnings.

It is the same for both. For every rich/famous person that appears to be treated leniently there are at least ten less well off that are treated the same. You just dont hear about those in the media. ref Alex's post above.

Fines are earnings related. Ref the post I made about the £80,000 speeding fine.

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014

dbanbery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 R129 SL500
Wow correct verdict there totally different circumstances involving dangerous driving:-

1. Weaving in and out of traffic for a prolonged period.
2. Tailgating other vehicles
3. Driving erratically
4. A heavy high sided 4x4 driven at or very close to it's designed maximum speed

No mitigation given just straight denial.

Agreed. Obviously thought shaggy was serious when he said “it wasn’t me”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I see Mr McPartlin saved himself £42,000 with an early guilty plea.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hmmmm.... so Ant McPartlin who was driving a Mini Cooper S JCW while drunk receives a fine of £86,000 but some bloke who was driving a £1.5M supercar and lives in a £2M house and was driving 80% over the speed limit gets a £1200 fine.
Admittedly drink driving is a more serious offence and Ant did have an accident as a result but the fines don't seem proportionate to me.
Don't get me wrong - you'd be hard pushed to find anyone much more anti drink driving than me (and some will know why) but there seems a huge disparity in the sentences handed down.

Last edited:

sl500amgsport

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2014
Hmmmm.... so Ant McPartlin who was driving a Mini Coopers JCW while drunk receives a fine of £86,000 but some bloke who was driving a £1.5M supercar and lives in a £2M house and was driving 80% over the speed limit gets a £1200 fine.
Admittedly drink driving is a more serious offence and Ant did have an accident as a result but the fines don't seem proportionate to me.
Don't get me wrong - you'd be hard pushed to find anyone much more anti drink driving than me (and some will know why) but there seems a huge disparity in the sentences handed down.
A full grown man driving a Mini, seems fair to me

dbanbery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 R129 SL500
Tbh I think drink driving and causing an accident is worse than speeding on a motorway - regardless of the cars value. I don’t know how proportionally worse though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom