190e

mann75

Reaction score
hey guys when asking around the internet for the most reliable and smartest guys in the world i was directed here.:D so i can use your help big time.
i have a 1984, 190e 2.3. it has been off the road for 2 1/2 years. i found out the tankl was not emptied out of the gas tank and it went bad. but it was at a little under 1/4 tank. so i got some feul injecter cleaner and high octane boost along with dry gas to clean what ever was in the tank and line. now the car starts but after prolong trys and putting my foot on the gas pedel, then it shuts right off when i dont apply gas. i check the gas lines coming up to the injectors and everything was ok. i changed the spark plugs, wires, and cap/rotor. what seems to be the problem?

mike65

Reaction score
Website
www.futuremusiccorp.net
How does it run when its er running? If it stalls every time it should idle then
the problem could be as simple as the idle acctuator switch not being triggered.

Mike.

Stevie A

Reaction score
I thought maybe fuel filter clogged - has it been replaced? Also check all the engine hoses / breathers are connected and not blocked.

OP
M

mann75

Reaction score
i did a check on hoses i am leaning towards Fuel Distributor i loosed up the lines leading to the injecters but they didnt pour out when trying to start engine it just trickled.

Stevie A

Reaction score
Sounds like you are probably on the right track. Probably fuel related. Good luck on finding problem.

OP
M

mann75

Reaction score
hey guys me again. i changed the fuel distributer and bingo i have a working car. well thats wat i thought at least. it turns on and ides kinda rough so i adjusted the ide, and it runs in park pretty good. i had the air intake cover off to show the fuel distributer and noticed oil all over the engine so i am getting blow by pretty bad wheni put the cover back on the car stalls. what can be the problem now?

OP
M

mann75

Reaction score
i thought so to but when it runs it sounds pretty good. like i said when the air intake cover is off it runs but oil comes out due to the fact the line is taiken off from the air intake cover and the air line leading to the ide control valve. am i right to assume that since i connect all the lines and the air intake cover that when the engine stalls out is due to a bad ide control valve?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Have you tried leaving the oil filler cap loose, if oil still comes out of the breather pipe, then you have crankcase compression, and that is a ring problem.

malcolm

OP
M

mann75

Reaction score
i tryed that and it ran fine i am wondering though do i have a bad ide control valve. like i said before the car runs fine until i put the hose back on.

christwothree

Reaction score
not sure if this will be of help, but i had to keep my foot on the throttle until the engine reached around 40-50 degrees or it would stall. it turned out to be the idle control valve which sorted the problem straight out. not cheap though at about £192 all in from eurocarparts.

OP
M

mann75

Reaction score
ok thats what i thought too, i unhook the idle control and seen that it really didnt function right. when powered up it just whined a bit like it wasnt getting enough power to move the motor. so i beleive the motor is bad. i will have to see if i can get a good one from ebay. everything for me is twice the cost in the united states. that part alone is over $400.00.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom