2003 E class self leveling suspension

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 W211 E320 CDI estate
Hi,

Drove 300miles to my parents last night with no problems at all. Unpacked the car and half an hour later fount the drivers rear on the bump stop. Started the car and it rose up but not to full hight.

This morning it was still at the same hight, drove my mum to work and when I stopped and got out it "self leveled" itself to the bump stop, again only on drivers side.

Drove it home, after it rose again, and jacks it up, found the front level sensor bracket has broken.

So question is does the self leveling system use the front sensor? There for meaning once that's sorted all will be well?

To stop any confusion it's just got rear air suspension not on all 4 corners.

Thanks
Andy

OP
Andyn666

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
All sorted, for reference, it does affect the self leveling suspension, so if you have one side down to the bump stops at the back, check the front level sensor is still attached to the suspension.

Part was only £22.99 from the dealer and they had it in stock. Easy to fit, wheel off then take two nuts off and put the new arm on.

OP
Andyn666

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
recently fixed there very same thing on a customers E , I just free'd the arm off and tack welded it back on

I thought about welding it but for the price I figure I might as well replace it

OP
Andyn666

Andyn666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well it's back on its bump stop so it looks like it needs a new bag.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom