2003 Sl55 AMG transmission slack & squeak??

NickH72

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if thats the best description so i will explain.

I have a late 2003 SL55 amg with 35k miles

When i pull away there seems to be some "take up" in the drivetrain after the initial pull away and i can hear a squeak when it does fully take up.

If i pull up slowly then pull away slowly it doesnt do it.. if i hit the brakes then the throttle it is quite obvious in a little delay or jolt and a squeek.

Any ideas? to me there is some play somewhere or something is shifting back and forward on a mounting..

Appreciate your thoughts as its really getting annoying!

Thanks

Nick

OP
N

NickH72

Reaction score
Although convinced its a transmission squeak i have just read a thread about the supercharger belt squeaking in a similar way.. so still open to suggestions but maybe i am looking in the wrong place? does seem to feel like "taking up the slack though"

Thanks

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, I run a 230 500SL and what you describes seem to me a drive train fault, thought its hard to think of what it could be, there is nothing known,,I would get an indie to check the prop shaft and axle drive shafts.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom