2008 c220 cdi Surging acceleration

uzzy.bass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E220 W211 2009 OM646
I have no boost leaks, i have checked, i will try to check for vacuum leaks, i tried cleaning the EGR and the problem went away for 50-100 km and then boom, same problem again, and so, i made EGR off, altering the ecu software, but the car had the same problem, i changed all the seals from intake side, the intercooler hoses are checked, no leaks(air or oil) cleaned all the sensors in the intake system. L.E. I have no DTC stored in the ecu when i pun a diagostics tool

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Hi all im new to this so please bare with me.
i have a clean 2008 c220 cdi sport that idles well and everything but as soon as you accelerate hard up to 2500rpm you feel a slight power surge and then it backs off for 500rpm and then surges again at 3000rpm. and keeps doing that untill red line..
could someone suggest a problem, could it be injector related?.
any help would be apreciated.
many thanks.
Get the car to an indie who has Star and they will identify the fault(s). If you post your location someone will point you to the closest one.

We have a few indies on the forum and they generally know just about everything because they are real MB enthusiasts. If you decide to get them to fix the problem it will cost a lot less than a MB dealer as well!

uzzy.bass

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E220 W211 2009 OM646
The only problem is i’m from Romania and here we don’t have much MB Star to play with, and what we have probably are clones from eBay..
I will try to make the EGR off hardware, putting some sort of shield to be sure it always stays closed and come back with feedback. Thank you for all the replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom