2008 S204 C220Cdi Front NS Parking Light

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
I have a dashboard warning about this, have just pulled the bulb holder expecting to find a blown bulb and found this instead. I have a horrible feeling fixing this could be costly! DSCN2876Small.JPG

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
If we can separate the bulb holder from the piece of broken headlight, it should be fixable without replacing the headlight housing.....

OP
Chrishazle

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Thanks Alex, I've replied to your PM, access is crap, in the photo I've got the part pulled as far out as the wiring will allow, holding it with a pair of thin long nose pliers. I've not tried to pull the silver bit over the bulb, but even if it could be freed I'm not certain there's enough access to allow the silver bit to be accurately and strongly glued back into place - unless removing the cover above gives enough access and visibility! Beyond anything I'm prepared to try, that's for sure. Only thing I wonder is if all 3 bolts that hold the headlight unit are accessible without removing the bumper - OK, one will require removing the wheel and half the screws holding the wheel arch liner, but the other 2 may be accessible by removing the covers along the front top. We'll see when I bring the car to you!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom