2020 MB Rear Entertainment

Gl63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GL63 63 plate 2013
When I read the website I thought, wow, this system sounds great but I have spent hours trying to do anything remotely useful on it. I’ve been to 2 showrooms but no one there knows how to use it either. The online guide doesn’t cover anything either. At the moment the sticky out screens just take up space and the kids use it to change settings/radio stations which is really annoying (although I’m sure I could stop this somewhere in the settings).

The reason I got the system was so the kids could watch movies (the tv receiver but works apart from the signal cuts out every few seconds so we have given up trying that).

There are no Netflix, YouTube or Amazon prime apps.

I’ve bought every conceivable cable to try and attach my iPhone and even an Amazon fire stick to the system but all I’ve managed to do is play the soundtrack over the speakers. No video.

I wish I’d just bought a couple of spare iPads.

Has anyone successfully mastered the system? Or am I right that it’s absolutely useless?

surely they know people get rear tv’s to watch films?

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
When I read the website I thought, wow, this system sounds great but I have spent hours trying to do anything remotely useful on it. I’ve been to 2 showrooms but no one there knows how to use it either. The online guide doesn’t cover anything either. At the moment the sticky out screens just take up space and the kids use it to change settings/radio stations which is really annoying (although I’m sure I could stop this somewhere in the settings).

The reason I got the system was so the kids could watch movies (the tv receiver but works apart from the signal cuts out every few seconds so we have given up trying that).

There are no Netflix, YouTube or Amazon prime apps.

I’ve bought every conceivable cable to try and attach my iPhone and even an Amazon fire stick to the system but all I’ve managed to do is play the soundtrack over the speakers. No video.

I wish I’d just bought a couple of spare iPads.

Has anyone successfully mastered the system? Or am I right that it’s absolutely useless?

surely they know people get rear tv’s to watch films?
I’ve had ours working in the S212, took a bit of working out but got there in the end, just need to use the remote control rather than trying to drive it all from the command unit

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Rear seat passengers in a GL63 shouldn't have time for entertainment, they should be too busy shitting themselves surely?

Top Bottom