2021 GLA 180 AMG PREMIUM TOW BAR + AUGMENTED REALITY ISSUE

Augustus

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLA180 Premium/2021/1200
On numerous occasions, I enquired with my Dealer whether it was possible to fit a tow bar when the car was being built, and each time he confirmed that it was not possible until after the car was delivered! Now I have the car, I have been quoted £3,258 by Mercedes which appears to be the same price all UK Mercedes Dealers are charging, hence the reason for this post.

Is anyone able to suggest or recommend a reputable, reliable, and reasonably economical UK based (preferably South East) tow bar fitter? I understand there is the risk that Mercedes could invalidate my warranty should I use a non-Mercedes Approved Fitter.

Furthermore, I wonder how unique my story is: After discounting the BMW X1 and the Volvo XC40 on the basis that they could not match the Mercedes GLA for looks, driving experience, the brand name, and yes (you may have guessed it) - Augmented Reality in their Sat Nav technology, I was deeply disappointed when I was informed by my dealer that the very thing that helped sway my decision to selecting Mercedes had not be installed in my car due to a global shortage of semi-conductor chips! Furthermore, the Dealer (I imagine Mercedes ultimately) were not willing to provide a deadline by which time this issue would be fixed, if at all!! In spite of this, I agreed to proceed as I had faith in the brand and I believed that Mercedes will come through......fingers crossed!

All tips, advice, suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom