30 day Exchange plan at Mercedes Direct

Hawkeye01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
M350 blue efficiency 2010
Hi Folks

Has anyone used the 30 day exchange plan at Mercedes Direct? If so, did it go smoothly and what were the terms and conditions and more importantly perhaps, the costs?

ucr

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
?????
30 Day Exchange Plan
Should you not be satisfied with your car for any reason, you are entitled to exchange it at any time within the first 30 days or 1000 miles of ownership (whichever comes sooner). Terms and conditions apply.

OP
H

Hawkeye01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
30 Day Exchange Plan
Should you not be satisfied with your car for any reason, you are entitled to exchange it at any time within the first 30 days or 1000 miles of ownership (whichever comes sooner). Terms and conditions apply.

Thanks, that is the same information that i've been able to find online, but I was wondering what the terms and conditions were. I can see complications with switching the finance, road tax and service plan - just for starters!

Stu

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
Why would you need to take it up ? Have you bought one with faults now apparent?
If not, ask for the T&Cs before you nut and all will be apparent.
Note it is an exchange, not a refund. Their view of a suitable repalcemnt may not be matched by yours . It is far better to do your research/homework and ask the questions in advance of paying over cash (and the forum can help)
Too late afterwards. In short....................Buyer beware applies here

OP
H

Hawkeye01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Why would you need to take it up ? Have you bought one with faults now apparent?
If not, ask for the T&Cs before you nut and all will be apparent.
Note it is an exchange, not a refund. Their view of a suitable repalcemnt may not be matched by yours . It is far better to do your research/homework and ask the questions in advance of paying over cash (and the forum can help)
Too late afterwards. In short....................Buyer beware applies here

Mmmmmmm, I think I have been suitably chastised. There are no faults apparent with my car and I can heartily recommend Kirsty at Mercedes Direct Balsall Common. My interest was only to add a couple of more toys on a car that was not available when I bought. Having considered the matter I am happily keeping my new car.

Stu

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(
Hawkeye01 its a very good and legitimate question you have asked..
I was offered this deal with the past three mercs (all used) that I have owned.
I too wondered what the procedure would be..
Looks like we havent had a definitive answer !

carabind

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e class
I didn't mean to chastise. But I am 100% that an exchnage will be hard to haggle in your favour ie - they hold all the cards as to whay they will offer you as a suitable exchange. Whereas when you buy (in the first instance), then you hold the cash (and the cards so to speak)
Glad you are happy with the car, if you do exchange, let us know how the process works

sirius9

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 C180K
i tried exchanging my C class w204 C180 2 weeks after i bought them from Mercedes Direct... but it was to my disadvantage. You will lose the all the discounts, GAP insurance and any deals that you took out with them...
And they will only exchange with a car they have in their branch... and not take stock from other branches.
So beware...

OP
H

Hawkeye01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
i tried exchanging my C class w204 C180 2 weeks after i bought them from Mercedes Direct... but it was to my disadvantage. You will lose the all the discounts, GAP insurance and any deals that you took out with them...
And they will only exchange with a car they have in their branch... and not take stock from other branches.
So beware...

Thanks Sirius9, I guessed it sounded a little too good to be true.

Stu

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Thats a shame I was hoping to get 12 changes and free motoring for the year

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom