A class advice please

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
Hello iam looking to buy a petrol A class really got my heart set on one but only just found out they have a renault engine in them so hubby wont let me have one but one i look on line it says some has some haven't do anyone know what model i need to be looking for really need some advice many thanks

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Hi and welcome. Isn't the 1.5 engine a Renault engine and the 1.6 a Mercedes engine. Someone will be alone soon to confirm.

OP
H

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
oh that be great was looking at 1.6 i only do 5k a year hence why i don't want diesel

OP
H

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
I think it has around 140bhp. And the Renault engine has arou f 130. Very nice cars
oh i see so thats a good thing to look out for when i look for spec clueless with mercs as always had audi which have been such bad luck now have a honda civic which is a fab car just getting old and always loved mercs so thats now what iam looking to buy really grateful for your help thank you

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
oh i see so thats a good thing to look out for when i look for spec clueless with mercs as always had audi which have been such bad luck now have a honda civic which is a fab car just getting old and always loved mercs so thats now what iam looking to buy really grateful for your help thank you
No problem I'm at the other end of the spectrum I had a audi never missed a beat that bought a e coupe and his it's little niggles now and then. Still wouldn't get rid of it tho.

OP
H

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
I love audi we had 2 a3 but both had problems one engine blow up fish 100k on clock other turbo problems only done 55k i like the audi a1 but think there be abit too small for airport trips

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Mercedes over Audi any day - but I might be biased ;). My sister switched from Audi to Mercedes a year ago because she got fed up with niggly problems on her Audis and has been happy so far.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
^^ I'm with Steve on that one. The other issue is the awful reputation that Audi A3 drivers have, bit similar to BMW 3 Series drivers. They have to be in front no matter what !!, usually by using dangerous manoeuvres ! :eek:

Dean Fletcher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E400
Mercedes over Audi any day - but I might be biased ;). My sister switched from Audi to Mercedes a year ago because she got fed up with niggly problems on her Audis and has been happy so far.
I think the newer Audis are the worst culprits for going wrong my 56 A4 went like a peach.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
^^ I'm with Steve on that one. The other issue is the awful reputation that Audi A3 drivers have, bit similar to BMW 3 Series drivers. They have to be in front no matter what !!, usually by using dangerous manoeuvres ! :eek:

The other thing I have just remembered is that Carwow voted the 'A' Class the best premium hatch :)

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
I like the audi a1 but think there be abit too small for airport trips

Just a posh Polo, may as well get a Seat Ibiza or Skoda Fabia, all the same.

IIRC the A180 is the 1.6, they look good in AMG Line spec

A45 is a MB engine ;);););)

OP
H

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
I think the newer Audis are the worst culprits for going wrong my 56 A4 went like a peach.
A customer has a one year old a3 and the
Just a posh Polo, may as well get a Seat Ibiza or Skoda Fabia, all the same.

IIRC the A180 is the 1.6, they look good in AMG Line spec

A45 is a MB engine ;);););)
Amg line are nicer just dont want a reanult engine

OP
H

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
Just getting mixed answers i know alot havent got them just need to find out if all a class have ive rang merc twice got different answers llol

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Just getting mixed answers i know alot havent got them just need to find out if all a class have ive rang merc twice got different answers llol

Dealers won't have a clue.

Which model are you looking at?

OP
H

Heidi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A class
Any a class 1.6 petrol around 2015 2016 model

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom