1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A day behind the 'gunsight'...

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by antijam, Dec 28, 2012.

1. antijam

antijam Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2003 SLK320
    Took my Chrysler in for service today and instead of the very nasty Chrysler (née Lancia - née Fiat) Ypsilon I got as a loan car last time, I get a brand new E250 CDI!

What a nice car! Comfortable, good ride, the fingertip gear shift slightly reminiscent of the old column changes of the fifties but without the uncertainty.

Plenty of torque from the engine - although it did remind me it's a four rather than the M-B six in the Chrysler. Mind you, to feel confident in 'ECO' mode that it's going restart when pulling across oncoming traffic from stationary you need a touching faith in modern technology! Fortunately. you can turn it off.

If only I could live with its looks - why can't Mercedes hire designers from Alfa-Romeo?

2. rich599

rich599 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    w204/sprinter/vw t5 autosleeper/david brown 880/david brown 950
    and you think the chrysler looks good:lol:

3. Developer

Developer Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
    Those twin turbo powerunits are great - much shove from no revs. I wish they'd introduce a t/t 3.0L as per Audi/BMW.

4. st4

st4 Banned

Your Mercedes:
    Disqualified driver
    I had a long phone call with a chap (you know him from my facebook) and he reckons they are good but hide the speed you go at as there is no discernable push, just a wide spread of power.

I recall getting a W212 E220cdi saloon sports and from 1000rpm it would really take off. Nothing remarkable in the mid or upper range but a good enough amount of power. It got up to speed very quickly but the shove from a single turbo engine, especially a V6CDi is exciting. Even my single turbo engined car gives a reasomable push down the road once its wound up.