A150 2006 Petrol Starting but stalling immediately.

I

icklemerc

What started as an inter-mittant problem of starting, then immediately stalling has gradually gotten worse.

My car will fire up, then stalls - this originally happened once and on 2nd start it would fire up and all would be ok. The next time started it may or may not start first time. After a few weeks, the amount of times it would stall immediately increased, getting to starting 9 times over.

The M.A.P sensor (Mass Absolute Pressure??) was changed and the problem was cured but only for 2 days! This sensor has been changed again and now the car will not start at all.

Please, please can anyone advise - the car has been put under diagnostics and it came up saying replace the Air Mass Meter which doesn't exist on this model!

Please help!!!!!!!!

OP
N

npuk

"Air Mass Meter " Is that not just the MAF which the W169 does have.

OP
I

icklemerc

I don't know! All I know is that when the car was put on a diagnosis machine, it came up saying Air Mass meter fault, and when attempting to order it from my local Mercedes parts place they said this model for this year doesn't have one!
If you know differently, I would be interesting in finding out where it is and how to get hold of one please.

OP
A

andy@pcd-ltd

What type of diagnostic machine was the car put on was it a star machine

OP
I

icklemerc

I don't know - is there a difference then?

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Had one a while back no fault codes store turned out to be relay, n/s foot well under carpet.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom