Advice on a new (to me) car

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Hi all. Long time no post, which must be good as things haven't been going wrong:D.

After braking too slowly today, I am likely to be in the market for a replacement car. I currently have a 210 E320cdi estate on a 2001 plate and love it. So I am looking to replace with a 211 E320 cdi estate on a 2004/04 plate.

Can anyone remind me when the corrosion issuies (zinc coating and paint) were sorted. My 210 was perfect after all the warranty work, but I don't have the patience to go through that again, even tho Merc's were great about it.

Also any other issues I should look out for on this model.

Many thx + rgds

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and nice to hear from you again:D

From 04-03 the cars are galvanized and from 04-04 they have the Nano ceramic paint, some say that it chips easily but neither car should rust, those are the build dates and not when the car was sold

If you see a car, you can always feed the VIN inte the ruskie site for build and details of extra's

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Thx Malcolm, see you haven't lost your touch of swift good data. I'll keep you updated on the quest for my new bubby.;)

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
for an 04/05 E320, is there anything I should be looking for in terms of problems ? Does the valeo issue come into play on this year?

Found one that is very highly specced and is the first one I have seen with TV (not that I particularly want TV though and guess it will be obsolete on the digi changeover anyway)

Currently looking at Estates, however if the rear seats on the sallon fold down to give a bigger boot this would be ideal (Seen a few nice Avantgarde saloons with panoramic roof). Do the rear seats fold down on the saloons ???

Cheers

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Go for a late 04 on, they are well clear of rust,Valeo and anything else, great cars but I cant help with the seat bit

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Currently looking at Estates, however if the rear seats on the sallon fold down to give a bigger boot this would be ideal (Seen a few nice Avantgarde saloons with panoramic roof). Do the rear seats fold down on the saloons ???

Good question. Folding rear seats are available as an extra on the W211 saloon if specified by the original owner (cost about £350). I found them very helpful on mine - good aperture through the rear bulkhead and nice flat floor. Gives almost as much space as the estate, if you are carrying either a large flat object, or various objects (I carried a complete garden furniture set in mine - table face down, chairs folded on top), but would not carry a wardrobe or other object of that size.

I believe you can't have the folding seats and the panoramic roof on the same car (probably weakens the rigidity too much).

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
cheers guys, gonna get trawling through the net to find one :)

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
BTW Adam ..... I see you have some hobbies in your profile ......... there's one missing ?

( sorry for the hijack folks, I know Daeths from another forum, not car related, and stumbled across his posts whilst looking around in here ......... he has a dark secret ........ lol)

OP
D

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
LOL Tim, only just seen your post. Hobbies now updated !!!!

Will be posting pics of my new 211 after Saturday, really pleased with the spec....loads of toys :D

outsmartsmart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 A124 E320 Sportline
I believe you can't have the folding seats and the panoramic roof on the same car (probably weakens the rigidity too much).

I thought you HAD to have folding seats on the panoramic roof, don't know why but sure I read this on a car configurator. Irrelevent really as mine is both a panoramic roof and has fold up seats, proving you can. Really does make the car flexible (not as in 'bendy' though:p) for a saloon as boot is huge and seats fold flat to extend load length

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom