An insight to my cars and Motoring scene in my country

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
btw does anybody use go pro cameras on their car? i am thinking of getting hero 4 black edition but i want to know what mount would be best for mounting outside of car and also on inside sort of like a dash cam but where you can see the interior of the car as well as the road ahead, any ideas?

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
applied 3M extra fine compound to the rear bumper and then glazed it, reason being the servant while taking off the car covers, i put not one but two covers on cars for complete seal from outside elements

for now protected with a detailer spray, will later wax the whole car with two coats of dodo juice wax to make the rest of the car upto speed with the looks and will try out my new purchase dodo juice supernatural water based sealant on the bumper.

it was last waxed three months ago, has a sealant base

IMG_1718 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

the bumper now perfect
IMG_1720 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

IMG_1730 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

IMG_1734 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

IMG_1729 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

IMG_1727 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

javahouse

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 S212 E350 AMG Estate previously CLS/2009/350CDI
Great thread, just did it all in one sitting. It reminds me a lot of time I spent in Kenya.
Rob

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
its fog season in my province where i live, motorways get closed often as visibility drops to only a few 100 meters in the day, at night its worse,

i last year went inside a mall and when i came out this is how i made my way back home

this is the real picture of that day i still cant forget it, and i wasn't even old enough to have license then so seemed pretty scary too, had my passenger as a look out for the yellow lines on the side of the road and gradually following that and using the gps we made it back home

it becomes more perilous as no car here as rear fog lights except one off imported german cars, local cars most of them don't even have front foglights as standard, and then there are rickshaws and bicycles to deal with who have no lights at all! and streets aren't lit everywhere either

20131216_225113 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

these are shots send in by people at my home forum this of 2014
motorway
1468553_225580960947082_764451776_n by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

city

4b20b988525c11e3a8e40e69ecfef5e8_8 by Detailing Dreams, on Flickr

i intend to make a thread about driving in fog soon, the dangers and the precautions one can take, as i have researched a lot on this since last year experience

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Hi Arzaam

Horrendous weather to drive in. It is basically the same in UK although most cars - and other vehicles - now have rear fog lights. But it is probably the most frightening and most dangerous weather to drive in. The really bad thing is when a blanket of fog descends in minutes. There was a dreadful multiple pile up on our motorways (M20 I think) a few years ago. The police admitted that just a couple of miles away they were driving towards the accident area at close to 100 mph but the patch that descended was very thick and the pile up occurred because it fell so quickly. Fortunately things as bad as this are fairly rare.

Here in UK, I think the next awful weather is heavy snow - when it's coming down, the white "fingers" coming at you have a sort of mesmerising effect and all the time the conditions underneath the tyres are getting worse, especially if the ground temperature is just at the point where the fallen snow freezes.

We also have "freezing fog" over here - a combination of icy weather and fog settling in - do you get that over there?

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
Hi Arzaam

Horrendous weather to drive in. It is basically the same in UK although most cars - and other vehicles - now have rear fog lights. But it is probably the most frightening and most dangerous weather to drive in. The really bad thing is when a blanket of fog descends in minutes. There was a dreadful multiple pile up on our motorways (M20 I think) a few years ago. The police admitted that just a couple of miles away they were driving towards the accident area at close to 100 mph but the patch that descended was very thick and the pile up occurred because it fell so quickly. Fortunately things as bad as this are fairly rare.

Here in UK, I think the next awful weather is heavy snow - when it's coming down, the white "fingers" coming at you have a sort of mesmerising effect and all the time the conditions underneath the tyres are getting worse, especially if the ground temperature is just at the point where the fallen snow freezes.

We also have "freezing fog" over here - a combination of icy weather and fog settling in - do you get that over there?

Hi, quick fog descending doesn't happen readily but happened last year with me as I showed, fortunately motorway pile ups of any kind are rare maybe because 1. The motorways aren't congested, 2 the motorway police maintains upto date blog about weather and fog at each junction and a helpline you can call and inquire about weather ahead, so that's helps

But motorway pileups are no doubt pretty scary
Snow isn't mich of a issue only happens in the northern parts and a little around the capital, freezing fog is common and I hag exprainced it in the foothills of Himalayas, maybe I'll try to find a picture of it
Though I find it a even enjoyable somewhat driving in tough situations with precautions of course
Happy and safe driving cheers!

Last edited:
OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
government recently slashed import duties on hybrid cars here, that makes for some interesting price tags, it means now that the new s class hybrid is actually cheaper here than the base s class petrol and thats despite the fact that hybrid is faster and has better spec, similarly porsche panemera e hybrid is even cheaper than a base panemera.

its a weird hosch posh:p

despite the slash in duties panemera e hybrid still costs 207,000 us dollars here base, whereas in america the same car cots 98000 dollars, and yet lots of people have bought it

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
theres no concept of HP agreement and very few cars can be leased as due to islamic banking there is no interest on leases

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.
theres no concept of HP agreement and very few cars can be leased as due to islamic banking there is no interest on leases

So, does every one buys their cars for cash?

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
So, does every one buys their cars for cash?

80-90% people yes cash straight up, especially anything over 16000pounds it would be very difficult and rare to get financing for it.

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
and financing only available on brand new cars not old ones even though cars hardly depreciate here, i have yet sold 4 cars in the past 4 years and on each i have earned a profit:p

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
That does look to be excessive :D:D

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Yes but it does look warmer there than here :D

Crazycarb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1996 Jag XJ 3.2 , 2x Alfa spiders, 1X Alfa GTV V6 3.0.
That does look to be excessive :D:D

The jet wash system at the garage I use has a foam lance that also makes your car look like an ice cream. Sometimes, I never know whether to rinse my car or lick it......But for 3 quid, your car comes out gleaming.

OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
The jet wash system at the garage I use has a foam lance that also makes your car look like an ice cream. Sometimes, I never know whether to rinse my car or lick it......But for 3 quid, your car comes out gleaming.

exactly, if you have a white or light color car sometimes it seems as if it disappeared or got buried in snow :p

Last edited:
OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
i am sure this counts as motoring related:p

our home driveway was being repaved so i had a go at driving a road roller, it aint no g class for sure

the throttle was a level on top but for some reason i was told to operate it by for using a wire that had been tied to it , as for brakes there were none you stop it by putting it in opposite gear and praying, and the steering was worse than a canal boat you keep turning and turning and after 720 revolutions it finally starts to turn by then you have to quickly start turning the wheel the opposite otherwiese it'll be too late and ovule be on wrong trajectory.

and at one time my foot got stuck in the wire of the throttle at full throttle but thankfully i untangled it and managed to stop few inches away from putting it in the lawn.
and it certainly needed a good cleanup oil everywhere.

Last edited:
OP
Arzaam

Arzaam

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 c180
a taste of what monsoon rains are like on motorway

this is from last year and my first rain driving experience on motorway.

https://vimeo.com/107280625

Last edited:
Top Bottom