Another rant...

A

Ashley H

An accident (mechanical, no bodywork issues) in France meant my car had to be repatriated (see post on another thread about the excellent service from breakdown direct.co.uk...) and it arrived at Mercedes Benz of Ayr sometime on Thursday.

I was in Moscow that day but started trying to discuss the necessary repairs on Friday morning. Everybody in the service department was "busy" all day - too busy to ever return any of my three calls throughout Friday or the two on Saturday morning.

I've given up now, far too busy to run after idiots who don't want (based on the French estimate) at least a couple of thousand pounds worth of suspension work.

I sent an email yesterday evening to MB HQ asking them to have it moved to an authorised repair centre that gives a ****. They have acknowledged and, apparently, opened a case file - which is nice...

I left home at 04:00 on Monday to fly to Helsinki via Amsterdam for a meeting - because that was what suited the client, even though I needed to be back in Suffolk by lunchtime today. I hate these lazy, amateur-hour numpties that can't even be bothered to return a phone call. In the most literal sense, they deserve to lose their jobs.

Rant over - feeling better already :)

Mrs H needs her car replaced sometime in the next few months - gues what I'm NOT going to buy?

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Seems to be an issue with dealerships of all makes, but Mercedes dealers do seem particularly bad for this. There must be some sort of corporate culture that forbids returning calls.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes the third post in 2 days of the same thing, one of the others wanted to spend £40k on a new car

124coupe

Reaction score
I wonder what they are busy doing?

If this and "the other" forum are a benchmark, many people are putting off swapping their cars for new AND moving to indie servicing once out of warranty.

One dealer local to me (Solihull) has split the dealership over 2 sites - one to sell cars and the "shed" to service them. They still don't ring back though....

Jay Gee

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Honda
In a word-complacency.These dealers think we need them more than they need us--big mistake!This is a worryingly recurring problem.I seem to remember reading here a while back that MB UK regularly visit forums such as this.If this is the case,(and I'm sure it is) Why is this becoming more and more prevalent?

mercmadjim

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK230k
It seems to be a case of higher up the "car dealer" foodchain you go, the worse it gets!!
MB dealers seem to be one of worst offenders around, and yet a friend of mine bought a new Kia Ceed estate, what a cracking car, 7 year warranty et al, and when questioned he said the dealer is excellant, and a damn sight cheaper than MB no doubt.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom