1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any F1 fans

Discussion in 'General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion' started by horgantrevor, Mar 18, 2013.

1. JBell

JBell Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
    If you look on his social media he is always at an event or something so always busy but that doesn't mean he is happy.

I still think he is constantly hunting for approval even though the millions of fans he has idolise him.

Too much of the "poor me" in what he says over the years for me, the same lines are used every race (Greatest fans in the world). Life is what you make it

Rotorhead500 and neeklaus like this.
  2. NBurns

NBurns Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C220 CDI Classic SE/2005/OM646.963
    All I can say is have a read. It's a very ambitious but at the same time, sensible plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. kotecki

kotecki New Member

Your Mercedes:
    211/2004/320cdi
    What an entertaining race and boy do I have a 'few observations' :) I wonder how lewis hamilton would get on if he went to the toilet and was confronted by one roll of soft toilet paper and one roll of smooth paper?? How long would he take to make a decision on what roll to use and would he blame the toilet cleaners for any delays in making a decision.... 'I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!!'

Not his number one fan but I feel he was hard done by to get that 5-second penalty, if we overprotect drivers and obscure their rearview mirrors then nasty things might happen if they turn that steering wheel. I love open wheel racing, but is this still 'open cockpit' racing?

Sebastin, Sebastin.... Are you a team player? Do you even know what being part of a team really means?? yes you are a great driver, yes you are a magnificent formula 1 ambassador but........... Just like Hamilton you are ruthless and have NO consideration for your teammate. Surely Ferrari were fully aware of this driver's attitude towards his fellow driver before employing him? Surely they must have known how blinkered he is?

Will next season see the Honda-powered Red Bull challenge for the World championship?

I still do not understand why the top Formula 1 drivers get paid so much as it is certainly nowhere near the most dangerous of motor-sports. Yes formula 1 used to be harmful to the health of its drivers but now the tracks are car parks with pretty lines indicating a course and the drivers are in a very protective construction where they would be extremely unlucky to get injured and yes we can all think of various motor-sports which are far more dangerous but the riders or drivers get nowhere near the salaries of top formula 1 drivers :(

Finally, when will commentators recognize the very strict team orders that Mercedes apply to their second driver? How many times have they openly ordered Valterai Bottas to either stay out or surrender his lead to Hamilton? I accept that Hamilton is a good driver but does he really need Bottas to sacrifice his race just so Hamilton can win races?? I cannot help but wonder if after seeing points regularly being taken from him... does he then lose his edge??

whewwww, apologies for this rant and I blame my medication :)

oigle likes this.
  4. AJD

AJD Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    2012 W204 Sport ///AMG Line 4dr Auto, Obsidian Black, Light Grey Faux Leather. And no AMG badges !!
    I know rumours abound in F1 but I hear this morning that Lewis Hamilton is thinking of a change and a 25% chance it might be Ferrari. Is that just purely rumour mongering by the media ??

5. pgh13

pgh13 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E320CDI 2004 - straight 6 diesel
    I think Ferrari was reported yesterday as saying there would be a seat available for him in a couple of years ( but I may have misheard). Changing the subject, was a little sad to see Hulkenberg bow out yesterday. I've always thought of him as a but of a 'makeweight' but thought that this year he'd been more impressive.

6. Naraic

Naraic Moderator

Your Mercedes:
    2005 CL500.
    Ferrari said there would be a seat for him in 2021. Hamilton replied, when asked, that it was, perhaps, the only compliment Ferrari had ever paid him.

AJD likes this.
  7. JBell

JBell Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
    I think he will go to Ferrari, they have to get rid of Seb, he is a hinderance to them at the moment

8. rorywquin

rorywquin Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL400
    What about those prima donna footballers that earn crazy money for kicking a ball around, play acting injury and doing nothing vaguely dangerous!

AJD and LostKiwi like this.
  9. LostKiwi

LostKiwi Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    '93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240, 02 R230 SL500 (Malcolm Spec), 04 Smart Roadster Coupe
    Fundamentally its because of supply, demand and marketing.
    If the sport can afford to pay top money for the top drivers and still make a 'profit' from advertising and marketing benefits then it will pay whatever it takes to maximise that benefit.
    F1 is a business first and foremost.

It's the same with football.

rorywquin likes this.