Any F1 fans

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
It was even better being there! Great atmosphere, crowd (estimated 400k) and racing across the card. Protestors on the track, armed police, really large corps bomb squad.

Well worth an almost week long holiday camping at Woodlands. Thanks to @JBell for the heads up. Already booked for next year. If anyone looking to do a different holiday, highly recommend it.

Oh and Max & Whinger Spice whined all weekend.

The rich and famous took nearly 5 hours to leave in their helicopters to go to another car park and traffic jam. We stayed over Sunday night and had a leisurely journey home ;):)

Was an epic weekend, booked for next year, left Monday AM, 3.5 hour drive home so all good

@keefysher good to meet and have Steak and beer

Great win for Sainz, George was unlucky despite him telling the marshalls to leave the car they lifted it meaning he couldn't take the re-start, Checo had a great drive considering him being last after lap 2, the MB seem to be getting better, the car looked lower than in previous races.

I believe Anthony from @GAD Tuning LTD was right there for the accident and his video has gone viral, nice to see Zhou in the pit lane after the race walking around.

Max Had a large piece of Alpha Tauri front wing wedged in the underside of his car which caused the problems.

I drank many beers, partied till late, 2 Silent Discos and laughed all weekend, onwards to next year

Last edited:

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Yeah no word of a lie i was 15 feet from it! From another video the Sun used you can see me the big lump in red lol

If you head to our Instagram page you can see my POV

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah no word of a lie i was 15 feet from it! From another video the Sun used you can see me the big lump in red lol

If you head to our Instagram page you can see my POV

I saw your IG

GAD Tuning LTD

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.gadtuning.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Mercedes AMG GTS - GLS350d
Love the woman shouting to stop videoing at the end, that was never going to happen. Looked less dramatic from your seat vs the tv cameras but my god was it a testament to the safety of F1 cars now
Honestly in person it was very hard loud and lots of stones

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Good to see the redbull (football fans) are not failing to dissapoint again.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
See even the f1 cars get 20quid sensor dramas why is it so hard to make a pot reliable.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
Another very exciting GP with super close wheel to wheel racing...at one point there was 5 cars going into one corner. :D
I think they need to ban that smoke from the fans while racing is underway, both for the drivers spectators benefit.
If Ferrari can get a grip on their reliability they will be able to make a much stronger challenge on Red Bull, because that really should have been a Ferrari 1-2.
Good to see another podium finish for Hamilton. :)

rorywquin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old B-Class.
Good to see the redbull (football fans) are not failing to dissapoint again.
....and LH not failing to whinge.....I don’t think they were cheering the crash but more the fact that he’d spoiled his chances. However I suppose if MV had crashed out and the LH fan boys cheered that would be ok.;)

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
....and LH not failing to whinge.....I don’t think they were cheering the crash but more the fact that he’d spoiled his chances. However I suppose if MV had crashed out and the LH fan boys cheered that would be ok.;)
They were cheering the crash, some of the Dutch fans are the worst around.....IMO. Not saying all the other fans are excellent, but the Dutch seem to be some of the worst. We witnessed some of this back in 2018 at the French Grand Brix.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If Ferrari can get a grip on their reliability they will be able to make a much stronger challenge on Red Bull, because that really should have been a Ferrari 1-2.

SAI Ferrari went bang in a BIG way!!!!

Great race, good to see the new regs are working with close racing

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
SAI Ferrari went bang in a BIG way!!!!

Great race, good to see the new regs are working with close racing
Total engin failure looking at the way the bodywork was bouncing from the inside while coasting to a stop

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
It looks like the engine decided to ventilate itself from the inside.
Screenshot_20220711-142300.png

You can see a hole punched out of the body and quite extensive cracking just above the vents.
It certainly appears to have let go in a very major way.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It looks like the engine decided to ventilate itself from the inside.
View attachment 78032

You can see a hole punched out of the body and quite extensive cracking just above the vents.
It certainly appears to have let go in a very major way.

You could see it explode as he drove down the escape lane, pistons exiting Stage Left

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom