Any F1 fans

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
@JBell just looked for giant false nose studs to wear at Silverstone, drew a blank. If every bloke attending wore one that would send a message :geek:;)
I've a pretty decent rivet gun, it only jams occasionally... :shock:

I'll even do a forum discount for group buys... can't get fairer than that :p

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
For those that wonder about the difference between Lewis Hamilton and George Russell. It would appear that Lewis's car has been used as the test mule for new upgrades during race weekends. It turns out that the changes for Baku were the worst of the lot.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...-George-Russell-Baku-Azerbaijan-Grand-Prix-F1

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...orge-russell-toto-wolff-azerbaijan-grand-prix

Despite the issues experienced he still managed to have the third fastest lap time with 0.1 seconds ahead of George Russell although nearly 1 second behind Max Verstappen with Perez in front.

Shame about Ferrari, although I'm a Mercedes supporter I wish that they would return to their good form of old.

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
This thread is not as active as it has been in recent times...but what a race that was! :D
Thankfully Zho was absolutely fine, but if it wasnt for the Halo I think it would be a different story. Yet again it has saved a driver from serious injury or worse.
Funny thing is when it was first introduced I wasn't a fan of it, but it has firmly proven itself and now I dont think the cars would look right without it.
Eddie Jordan predicted on Saturday that Hamilton would win the race, and at one point that was looking like a real possibility.
Some amazing wheel to wheel racing in that race.
Well done to Carlos Sainz for his well deserved first F1 win. :)

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
I see the new F1 guy is not a fan of Vettel & Hamilton, he doesn't like them sticking up for the LBGT community or speaking up for diversity in F1.
I think his latest interview is going to expose him as having typical middle eastern values which are at odds with the rest of the developed world and will bite him big time in the future.
And I thought the FIA hit rock bottom at the last race of the season when they manipulated Hamilton to lose a record eighth title, maybe that was just the beginning of their slide further downhill?
I agree on last part. No issues with lbgt until they at flaunting it around my grandkids.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Great to see Mercedes starting to find some form and see Hamilton in a position to challenge for the lead.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Halo proved itself in F2 as well as F1 today, in F2 one car landed on top of another similar to LH and MV last season, and driver survived unscathed. Safety cell also did its job today, so well done F1 in protecting drivers from the unimaginable.

Still wonder if MB dropped the ball again in putting LH onto hards at first pit stop (with about 18 laps to go) instead of softs - but will never know!

richlumb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 350d
Was good to see George running to the tyre barrier to assist in anyway after the accident, compared to when verstapen walked away after parking his car on Hamilton's head !

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
This thread is not as active as it has been in recent times...but what a race that was! :D
Thankfully Zho was absolutely fine, but if it wasnt for the Halo I think it would be a different story. Yet again it has saved a driver from serious injury or worse.
Funny thing is when it was first introduced I wasn't a fan of it, but it has firmly proven itself and now I dont think the cars would look right without it.
Eddie Jordan predicted on Saturday that Hamilton would win the race, and at one point that was looking like a real possibility.
Some amazing wheel to wheel racing in that race.
Well done to Carlos Sainz for his well deserved first F1 win. :)
For some reason I decided to watch this one. Good racing and for a change race control almost kept out of it.. Grand
Ecclestone always been a twat and has now proved he still is.
Rich twat.

s5tuart

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 R230 SL350
Good race to watch, after the restart.
Wonderful to see Lewis back in the fray again.
Just a shame that Perez got the soft tyres turned on more quickly. It may have been a mistake to pit....

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Not good to see Max up to his old tricks forcing people off the track - Mick Schumacher was forced off on several occasions in the closing laps.

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If max continues this way. I see an unfortunate sticky end for him, or someone else. He for sure a talented driver. But in as much as f1 can be safe he, methinks is not.

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
It was even better being there! Great atmosphere, crowd (estimated 400k) and racing across the card. Protestors on the track, armed police, really large corps bomb squad.

Well worth an almost week long holiday camping at Woodlands. Thanks to @JBell for the heads up. Already booked for next year. If anyone looking to do a different holiday, highly recommend it.

Oh and Max & Whinger Spice whined all weekend.

The rich and famous took nearly 5 hours to leave in their helicopters to go to another car park and traffic jam. We stayed over Sunday night and had a leisurely journey home ;):)

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
It was even better being there! Great atmosphere, crowd (estimated 400k) and racing across the card. Protestors on the track, armed police, really large corps bomb squad.

Well worth an almost week long holiday camping at Woodlands. Thanks to @JBell for the heads up. Already booked for next year. If anyone looking to do a different holiday, highly recommend it.

The rich and famous took nearly 5 hours to leave in their helicopters to go to another car park and traffic jam. We stayed over Sunday night and had a leisurely journey home ;):)
F1 weekend at Silverstone becomes the "busiest" airspace in Europe on the Sat & Sun; these days, only "company" traffic (ie. F1 teams' aircraft, and they have to be twin-engined) are allowed in to the circuit helipads; everybody else has to go next door to Turweston - so they get to sit in minibus queues instead!

Last edited:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP

I went past about 05:00 this morning and saw a few tin snails leaving - definitely a better option leaving today

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.
F1 weekend at Silverstone becomes the "busiest" airspace in Europe on the Sat & Sun; these days, only "company" traffic (ie. F1 teams' aircraft, and they have to be twin-engined) are allowed in to the circuit helipads; everybody has to go next door to Turweston - so they get to sit in minibus queues instead!
I went past about 05:00 this morning and saw a few tin snails leaving - definitely a better option leaving today
@Rotorhead500 I did wonder if you'd been on 'duty' this weekend.

My mate's billybullsh1ter mate claimed he was flying in/out on a McC chopper. The images posted on social were telling in the q of minibuses in front of rows of team trucks behind the paddock , 5 hours later they got out of the circuit for a drive to Woking then home after dawn. Obviously more money than sense.

@Blobcat Rus you could have dropped in for a bacon roll and a cuppa!

Also amusing were those paying serious dosh to be taken round the track in a truck trailer, better to be the roadsweeper driver and get paid.:geek:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
@Rotorhead500 I did wonder if you'd been on 'duty' this weekend.

My mate's billybullsh1ter mate claimed he was flying in/out on a McC chopper. The images posted on social were telling in the q of minibuses in front of rows of team trucks behind the paddock , 5 hours later they got out of the circuit for a drive to Woking then home after dawn. Obviously more money than sense.

@Blobcat Rus you could have dropped in for a bacon roll and a cuppa!

Also amusing were those paying serious dosh to be taken round the track in a truck trailer, better to be the roadsweeper driver and get paid.:geek:
Had to get North for 07:00 :( and didn’t want to get stuck in any fuel protests - otherwise I would have done :)

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
That was a great race that had it all but rain. Zhou is a very lucky guy to have avoided even a scratch from that dreadful crash. Props to the halo. I didn't like it on its introduction, but I'm converted.
On the track, some great wheel to wheel racing between the top 4. It made my day to hear Verstappen whining when there was a problem. I dislike the man more and more every time I see and hear him.
Have Mercedes finally found a solution to their problems?
On to Austria where Red Bull will be hard to beat.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom